Empire The Predator Subscriber Exclusive Cover

Started by Tetsujin, Jul 06, 2018, 10:39:16 AM

Author
Empire The Predator Subscriber Exclusive Cover (Read 53,763 times)

PredBabe

Quote from: Shaeffer11 on Jul 11, 2018, 03:16:24 PM
Do any websites sell single issues of Empire? I'm in the U.S. and haven't seen this magazine in stores or bookstores. Thanks

I believe it comes out this Thursday (tomorrow).

Corporal Hicks

^^ Correct. Wont be on shelves until tomorrow.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: SiL on Jul 11, 2018, 11:59:14 AM
Or because it doesn't look like the Aztec-inspired spaceship interior that was the single coolest thing in P2, one of the most unique ship interiors for an alien organism ever, and has never been repeated in any of the movies for no discernable reason.

Oh I miss that ship interior. And only the old avp games made the predator ships/bases with that design too. Everything since AVP(2004) made their ships with generic corridors. What a shame.

OpenMaw

One interesting thing to know about AVP Requiem on PSP is that they tried to fuse the two design styles into one ship. They had the central chamber from Predator 2, but also the long tunnel catwalk from AVP. It showed just how terribly they clashed and didn't even feel like the same species.

The ship in Predator 2 was as if someone had taken an Alien cave and strapped space engines to it. So spooky and cool.

The Old One

The Old One

That's why it's so evocative of the Predator itself, a clash of tribal with hi-tech adornments.

Actual Hybrid

photos look nice, detail good.  Upgrade concept is a lot smarter than many perceive.  Art imitates life...

TruthTeller

TruthTeller

Upgrade concept is just typical Hollywood BS. "That thing you liked in the first movie but bigger, explodier and more computer generated." Like the Mega Death Star in Force Awakens.  Sorry Upgrade fans, but that's just how it is...

skull-splitter

Quote from: TruthTeller on Jul 12, 2018, 05:19:45 AM
Upgrade concept is just typical Hollywood BS. "That thing you liked in the first movie but bigger, explodier and more computer generated." Like the Mega Death Star in Force Awakens.  Sorry Upgrade fans, but that's just how it is...

To be fair, the second death star earlier made that mistake too, although we had no sense of scale really...

DarthWall275

DarthWall275

I must admit i'm looking forward to the bright pink helicopter with the pin-up girl on it.
Might be the best character in the movie. :)

OpenMaw

Oh God I had forgotten about that...

Huggs

Quote from: DarthWall275 on Jul 12, 2018, 05:35:02 PM
I must admit i'm looking forward to the bright pink helicopter with the pin-up girl on it.

Say What?

OpenMaw

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 13, 2018, 01:04:38 AM
Say What?

Spoiler

The Loonies commendeer a pink helicopter at one point in the script.
[close]

Somehow... I doubt that made the cut.

yautjapet

I would've sworn I read somewhere it got replaced by a more "subdued" helicopter... medical helicopter? Search and rescue? I'm blanking and can't find whatever I read.

Actual Hybrid

Quote from: yautjapet on Jul 13, 2018, 04:12:26 AM
I would've sworn I read somewhere it got replaced by a more "subdued" helicopter... medical helicopter? Search and rescue? I'm blanking and can't find whatever I read.

Very disappointed if that's the case.  IMHO that scene/dialogue & respective vehicle are integral to the Loony mythos.

The multiple air & land vehicles are very specific, if you hadn't noticed...

Johnny Handsome

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed