Alien Resurrection is a very enjoyable film.

Started by bobby brown, Jul 04, 2018, 11:21:47 AM

Author
Alien Resurrection is a very enjoyable film. (Read 12,947 times)

SM

Pretty sure the Newborn and greenhouse were victims of budget cuts rather than the direction.  As did Ripley having a punch-on with an Alien.

And Whedon's script featured much of the standing around and having a chat that slowed the final film down.

SiL

Overall I'll take what we got for the Newborn over vampire spider boy.

PsyKore

Quote from: Mr Aaron on Jul 13, 2018, 09:08:12 AM
* The Newborn is the biggest failure of the movie when it appears the rest of the films quality drops. Its not threatening enough and it just looks pathetic at times. They should have stuck closer to Whedons newborn in the script with it being far more scary and menacing. Jeunet said that the creature was not well recieved.

Personally, I felt it was threatening just by how unpredictable/child-like it was. Now I'm not the biggest fan of the Newborn, but I did like the idea of it being an abhorrent crossing of Human and Alien DNA, and looking back I felt they did a pretty good job with it. It's not something that should look cool or anything; it's just an unfortunate and gross mess of DNA, and in that sense it works.

Mr Aaron

The Newborn just seemed to slow and stupid looking to be real scary for me. Even tho the filmakers did good job on making it look convincing.

Huggs

Quote from: PsyKore on Jul 22, 2018, 11:58:10 AM
Quote from: Mr Aaron on Jul 13, 2018, 09:08:12 AM
* The Newborn is the biggest failure of the movie when it appears the rest of the films quality drops. Its not threatening enough and it just looks pathetic at times. They should have stuck closer to Whedons newborn in the script with it being far more scary and menacing. Jeunet said that the creature was not well recieved.

Personally, I felt it was threatening just by how unpredictable/child-like it was. Now I'm not the biggest fan of the Newborn, but I did like the idea of it being an abhorrent crossing of Human and Alien DNA, and looking back I felt they did a pretty good job with it. It's not something that should look cool or anything; it's just an unfortunate and gross mess of DNA, and in that sense it works.

Eyes and facial expressions made it scarier to me. It wasn't just that it was after people, you could see the rage, and you could clearly tell what was coming.

426Buddy

Looked like a sad puppy face  :D

Huggs

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 24, 2018, 10:24:44 PM
Looked like a sad puppy face  :D

Yeah, a sad puppy that wanted to eat your freakin' face off.

whiterabbit

The Newborn is one of the most horrifying monsters ever brought to life. I for one am glad it is just make believe. However it's so f**king grotesque that it scared away the causal fan. :P

Huggs

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 24, 2018, 11:21:55 PM
The Newborn is one of the most horrifying monsters ever brought to life. I for one am glad it is just make believe. However it's so f**king grotesque that it scared away the causal fan. :P

I'll admit, the teets were a bit much.

tleilaxu

Failed clones is one of the best scenes in the franchise.

Huntsman

Quote from: tleilaxu on Jul 25, 2018, 11:29:15 PM
Love it too.

Resurrection is a stand-alone film, but the concepts it explores are very interesting and messed up. The film is basically an epilogue to Ripley, to me. A 'legacy'. It's not her, but it completes the arc. The alien took everything from her, killed her, and her ghost became infected as well.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Huntsman on Sep 23, 2018, 04:47:05 AM
Quote from: tleilaxu on Jul 25, 2018, 11:29:15 PM
Love it too.

Resurrection is a stand-alone film, but the concepts it explores are very interesting and messed up. The film is basically an epilogue to Ripley, to me. A 'legacy'. It's not her, but it completes the arc. The alien took everything from her, killed her, and her ghost became infected as well.

It's a shame there is nothing like that in Covenant, with Dr Shaw and the Neomorph prototypes; for the sake of the more emotional/shocking death.

The Old One

The Old One

Poor Doctor E.Shaw.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed