Alien Resurrection is a very enjoyable film.

Started by bobby brown, Jul 04, 2018, 11:21:47 AM

Author
Alien Resurrection is a very enjoyable film. (Read 12,908 times)

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 11, 2018, 11:08:51 PM
I like the wooden torture chair gig.

And I can totally see SM being the guy who runs the place and gaslights all the people who try to investigate us.

That genuinely hurts.

Local Trouble

"Inspector Smith, you seem upset.  Are you sure you wouldn't like a tranquilizer and a nap?"

Huggs

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 11, 2018, 11:14:39 PM
I can be the janitor that savagely taunts all the patients.

Define "savagely". Remember, your competing for the job against other qualified applicants. I've got a gentleman on line 3 that swears he can form muffins and some pastries into provocative shapes, at will.

426Buddy

How am i supposed to compete with that?

Huggs

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 11, 2018, 11:31:16 PM
How am i supposed to compete with that?

Fortunately for you, Captain Dildo locked himself in the multipurpose room again. If you can get him out before he jumps onto the greenhouse roof, if might impress the boss.

I can't lie to you about your chances. But, you do have my sympathies.

426Buddy

OpenMaw

Quote from: SM on Jul 11, 2018, 11:20:29 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 11, 2018, 11:08:51 PM
I like the wooden torture chair gig.

And I can totally see SM being the guy who runs the place and gaslights all the people who try to investigate us.

That genuinely hurts.

Local Trouble

Corporal Hicks

Mr Aaron

Mr Aaron

I've grown to appreciate and enjoy Alien Resurrection more over the years too, mainly after how bad and disappointing the 2 Alien Prequels have been. It does have a lot of strengths certainly more positives then negatives, that I have overlooked.

Postives
* The characters in AR are actually likeable,well written and have depth too them, like Johner ,Elgyn,Call,Christie. They have personalities,even less main ones like the solider Destaphano who joins the Betty Crew at the end. Unlike in Scott's Alien Prequels who have some of the most annoying and stupid characters I've ever seen.
* The score to the film is powerful.
* The visual effects and creature designs are for the most part on top form.
* It has some memorable scenes and set pecies, like Ripley discovery about her clones, the underwater action sequence, Ripley remembering Newt, Call and Ripley in the chapel.
* Its well shot.
*Weavers performance and the supporting cast are great too like Winona Ryder and Ron Pearlman.

Negatives.
* Jean-Pierre Jeunet's director is not suited for a alien film at times it makes the movie worse, like when he adds his comedic moments that don't fit in well with the tone of the film.
* The Newborn is the biggest failure of the movie when it appears the rest of the films quality drops. Its not threatening enough and it just looks pathetic at times. They should have stuck closer to Whedons newborn in the script with it being far more scary and menacing. Jeunet said that the creature was not well recieved.
* The climax is the weakest part of the film and easily the worst of the first 4 films. It should have taken place on earth like in the script but was cut down for budget reasons. Having the final just take place on the Betty feels very been there down that before.

The Cruentus

I think the comedic moments can be laid at Whedon's feet since that's his forte. I don't know if Jean-pierre adds humor into his films or not but Whedon's style shows in a lot of his films and tv shows.

Gash

I loathe it. I'm not sure which is worse - Whedon's dialogue or the New Born, but between them they make for a hideous film experience, and not in a good way.

FenGiddel

Quote from: Necronom IV on Jul 09, 2018, 11:06:00 PM
I personally only regard Alien (1979) as ''canon'' and associate the Alien with Giger's other biomechanoids alone.
"Hear, hear!"

SpreadEagleBeagle

A:R is definitely my fourth "favorite" movie out of the six Alien movies we've gotten so far (PROM being my least favorite on out of the lot despite its grand ambitions).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed