A Series Set In The ‘Alien’ Universe Being Considered?

Started by Wobblyboddle77, Jul 03, 2018, 11:31:07 PM

Author
A Series Set In The ‘Alien’ Universe Being Considered? (Read 50,530 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 07, 2018, 07:22:42 PM
Perfect!  As long as it's with Hicks and Newt!  It will feel forced otherwise.

You changed my mind, I'd rather have nothing than those two coming back.

You can easily adapt the general outline and cut both characters, the scenarios are enough on their own.

The proper sequel was made, it's called Alien 3. We already know how they ended up, let-it-go.

OpenMaw

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 07, 2018, 07:25:45 PM
The proper sequel was made, it's called Alien 3. We already know how they ended up, let-it-go.

No, no, no. You have to say it like Rambo dude!

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 07, 2018, 07:32:08 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Jul 07, 2018, 07:25:45 PM

No, no, no. You have to say it like Rambo dude!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnkQk_bWXpA

;D

Samhain13

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 07, 2018, 04:32:08 PM
How about a straight up adaptation of the adventures of Wilkes and Billie that takes place post-AR?

That was after Alien 3 if I remember, the whole alien invasion on Earth was before AR. But yeah it would be better if it was set after that movie. Still those 2 are like literally copies of Hicks and Newt. Nah.

Local Trouble

They don't have to be though.

Vermillion

As long as there are no skull Aliens

Local Trouble

OpenMaw

Local, what's your favorite Alien design? Is it the classic, just with the eyes perfectly concealed or do you prefer the Aliens look?

AS to doing an Earth War scenario... I just... I don't know. That doesn't sound very appealing to me, honestly.

I'd much prefer a more intimate story with a really good human story. Maybe you could have something like that occurring near the end of the series run... But honestly i'd prefer a series with a very serialized flow that's more about surviving on a space station or something with aliens running amok. Like they're not just contending with the beast itself, but also with the station falling apart and losing power and having to struggle to survive, with lot's of opportunities for surprise deaths, cliff hangars, and additional stakes/drama. Something that plays with the whole "lived in world" more than the movies have had a chance to do.

Corporal Hicks

I'd love to see something with survivors of an Alien outbreak (without getting too Walking Dead-ish). A sprawling and established colony that has been over-run already.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 07, 2018, 08:17:00 PM
Local, what's your favorite Alien design? Is it the classic, just with the eyes perfectly concealed or do you prefer the Aliens look?

AS to doing an Earth War scenario... I just... I don't know. That doesn't sound very appealing to me, honestly.

I'd much prefer a more intimate story with a really good human story. Maybe you could have something like that occurring near the end of the series run... But honestly i'd prefer a series with a very serialized flow that's more about surviving on a space station or something with aliens running amok. Like they're not just contending with the beast itself, but also with the station falling apart and losing power and having to struggle to survive, with lot's of opportunities for surprise deaths, cliff hangars, and additional stakes/drama. Something that plays with the whole "lived in world" more than the movies have had a chance to do.

I really want an Ishimura scenario, that would be fantastic.

Still Collating...

I'd like that too Hicks. Maybe they could try something like that in comic book or novel form first?

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 07, 2018, 07:22:42 PM
Perfect!  As long as its with Hicks and Newt!  It will feel forced otherwise.

That's basically what they tried to set up in the novel Alien River of Pain.  Think about it.  A Colonial marine and a little girl escapes from Hadley's Hope.  What could possibly have been the purpose of setting that up?  I think it is so that a story akin to the first Aliens comics could be told as a follow up.  It allows for a Hicks / Newt type of story even if the characters are dead.

Honestly, why go so stupidly convoluted when Biehn is ready to reprise his role as Hicks?  Why go for a second rate retellinf of an excellent story when the proper sequel could still be made?  Nobody is going to come and take away your copy of Alien 3 or A:R, just as much as nobody will go see a sequel to A:R.  🙄

Agree that it felt forced in River of Pain with the obvious copying of the Hicks/Newt duo.
But I wouldn't want to see Hicks and Newt on the big screen again, to be honest. After hearing Biehn's performance in A:CM, I do not want to see him as Hicks again, no way. And before putting all the blame on Gearbox's writing/direction, I'll say that Lance Henriksen's performance in AVP 2010 and A:CM is far better IMO.

OpenMaw

Yeah, but that's Lance Hendrickson. Who's... I mean. Dude, he's Lance Hendrickson, alright? He's like a white Morgan Freeman. He can take just about anything he's handed and make something out of it. Plus, Michael Biehn did fine in Far Cry 3.

Biehn basically said that nobody gave a shit while he was doing his voice recordings. He didn't really get any decent direction.

However... I would agree that they shouldn't come back. A few years back when the idea of doing Alien 5(3.2) was first being toyed with, yeah, it could have worked, but I think too much time has gone by now.

Local Trouble

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 07, 2018, 08:34:18 PM
Yeah, but that's Lance Hendrickson. Who's... I mean. Dude, he's Lance Hendrickson, alright? He's like a white Morgan Freeman. He can take just about anything he's handed and make something out of it.

I sometimes listen to this just to relax.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 07, 2018, 08:37:29 PM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 07, 2018, 08:34:18 PM
Yeah, but that's Lance Hendrickson. Who's... I mean. Dude, he's Lance Hendrickson, alright? He's like a white Morgan Freeman. He can take just about anything he's handed and make something out of it.

I sometimes listen to this just to relax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV34yqDNOqE

The only good thing to come out of SWTOR tbh.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 07, 2018, 08:17:00 PMBut honestly i'd prefer a series with a very serialized flow that's more about surviving on a space station or something with aliens running amok. Like they're not just contending with the beast itself, but also with the station falling apart and losing power and having to struggle to survive, with lot's of opportunities for surprise deaths, cliff hangars, and additional stakes/drama. Something that plays with the whole "lived in world" more than the movies have had a chance to do.

The Fall of Sevastopol is fertile ground for something like this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed