A l i e n I n f e c t i o n - cancelled -

Started by War Wager, Sep 22, 2007, 08:24:38 PM

Author
A l i e n I n f e c t i o n - cancelled - (Read 7,321 times)

War Wager

Detailed Plot

Casualy walking his dog one misty morning, an old man discovers a pod shaped object deep in Callander Woods. The pod suddenly opens and a Facehugger clamps onto his face as his terrified dog barks with fear.

22.48pm 2 days later

Two 10 year old girls are having a sleepover. Theres a storm raging outside which has cut off the power. Huddling around a TV, one of the girls hears a eerie hissing from outside the window. Drawing back the curtains she screams with fear as the Alien is staring right at her, it's glicning teeth shining as the lightning flashes. The screaming girls sprint downstairs only to find the father lying dead on the couch, blood dripping from his head. The girls dash out into the storm outside and hide in the garage. Thinking their safe, a girl looks up to the ceiling only to see the creature hanging from the banasters. It spits acid in her horrified face and she falls backwards screaming in aggony. Suddenly deafning motorbikes pull up in front of the garage and the Alien disappears.

19.56pm 1 day later
A group of teens are heading into the woods armed with torches and video cameras. One of them is carrying a hunting pistol stolen from his father. Three of the teens aim to catch the beast on camera while the other wants to kill it as it put his 10 year old sister in hospital. Searches for the old man and a missing police officer still continue throughout the woods. The teens sneak past the detectives and go deeper into the woods. They are grusomely picked off one by one by the Alien as they suddenly reliese they are lost. As the final teen is chased, they hear a strange clicking from the trees above...

The film is planned to be about 45mins long, but we'll need to see how it goes. We're also planning a scene of a roof, but I don't that'll happen.  :P

Johnny Handsome

Youre giving away your whole movie dude, keep it more secret, otherwise there will be no need to watch it later.
Just a little advice. ;)

War Wager

Thats not all that will happen, but I guess you're right. I'll need to keep like AvP-R in terms of info!  :)

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: War Wager on Sep 24, 2007, 04:46:55 PM
Thats not all that will happen, but I guess you're right. I'll need to keep like AvP-R in terms of info!  :)
Its better, trust me.

War Wager

Just got back from the woods and I tell you we didn't get much shot! F**king scary! The shots we did get should be packed with atmosphere though which is good. I'm buying another 12-inch Alien because I don't want the one I've got to get dirty...  :P

SM

SM

Some tips:

- Never shoot the Alien in the same frame as one of your actors.  If you look at the films you very rarely see an Alien in occupying the same frame as an actor.  It's mostly done by cutting between different angles.

- When shooting the Alien make sure you zoomed out all the way, get as close to the model as you can (depending on the shot you need), and turn the auto focus off.

- Wherever possible lock the shot off to avoid problems with scale and focus.  If you need to move the camera with the Alien in frame, make sure the shot goes for less than a second.

- Lighting when working with models is paramount.

- One trick to better sell the model is combine the set with a fake set.  Eg. If you wanted a shot of the Alien rounding a door in the house, put a fake scaled down door frame and wall between the camera and Alien, that matches the rest of the set you're using.  If done right it'll look like a full size Alien rather than a 12" model.

War Wager

Thanks for the tips!  ;)

War Wager

War Wager

Movie List

A L I E N    I N F E C T I O N

Title: By Johnny Handsome
Directors: Greg Seaton & Scott Harrison
Filmed: Greg Seaton & Scott Harrison
Soundtrack from: Alien3, Alien Resurrection, Freddy vs Jason & Deep Blue Sea
Other music: Umbrella by Rihanna, Flicc Witch'u & Bang Out by Snoop Dogg 
Alien controlled by: Greg Seaton

Cast List

The Alien: McFarlane 12-inch Alien, 12-inch Grid Alien
Claire: Emma Philips
James: Greg Seaton
Harry: Neil Ford
Jesse: Alister McQueen
Sleepover Girls: Laura Seaton & Megan Clifford
Father: Nathan Seaton
Cop: Robert Kerr

More will be added as we get further into shooting.  ;)

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: War Wager on Sep 26, 2007, 07:44:32 PM
Movie List

A L I E N    I N F E C T I O N

Title: By Johnny Handsome
Directors: Greg Seaton & Scott Harrison
Filmed: Greg Seaton & Scott Harrison
Soundtrack from: Alien3, Alien Resurrection, Freddy vs Jason & Deep Blue Sea
Other music: Umbrella by Rihanna, Flicc Witch'u & Bang Out by Snoop Dogg 

Cast List

The Alien: McFarlane 12-inch Alien
Claire: Emma Philips
James: Greg Seaton
Harry: Neil Ford
Jesse: Alister McQueen
Sleepover Girls: Laura Seaton & Megan Clifford
Father: Nathan Seaton
Cop: Robert Kerr

More will be added as we get further into shooting.  ;)
Yay, i got a credit, thx bro. ;)

War Wager

We just got back from filming an... erm... interesting death in the woods. We're going to try and ask permission if we can shoot some stuff inside Callander House (an old mansion, hense why the park is called Callander)

We're trying to get some interesting shots that I can post up and a poster is being done too.

Johnny Handsome

Looking forward to it.
But i am a little worried about your alien though.
But hey, surprise me!  ;)

Sgt.Torque Reikan

looking foward to it hope all goes well

Johnny Handsome

Hey War Wager, how is your fanfilm going, have you already wrapped the shootings?
Looking forward to it.

War Wager

I'd say we're nearly half way through on shooting. We've done all the day shots, so now all thats left is to do night shoots. Plus we need to wait until it rains to do a lot of the scenes. Sorry I'm taking so long to get some stills up...  :P

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: War Wager on Oct 18, 2007, 09:11:18 PM
I'd say we're nearly half way through on shooting. We've done all the day shots, so now all thats left is to do night shoots. Plus we need to wait until it rains to do a lot of the scenes. Sorry I'm taking so long to get some stills up...  :P
Good movies are taking some time  ;)
well, good luck then with the night shootings... and hey, dont be afraid out there in the woods...i know it´s freaking scary but you have to think about the great footage you get. ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed