Obsidian Director Dishes Details on Cancelled Aliens RPG

Started by Darkness, Jun 30, 2018, 05:41:32 PM

Author
Obsidian Director Dishes Details on Cancelled Aliens RPG (Read 14,697 times)

Corporal Hicks

I still listen to the soundtrack regularly. My first real Alien gaming experience. I really wished they'd have re-released that on the various arcades ages ago.

Dinger

I really wish this would start back up or something.

BountyHunter

Yeah me too. I totally want to play the hell out of this game. 😡

The Old One

The Old One

More than gameplay, Chris Avellone has written some of the best stories in videogaming, so that's where we really missed out.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 02, 2018, 11:30:06 PM
Still got the theme on my mp3 player. Tons of fun on the ol' ps1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPzRI555Uwo&list=PL05367013048EF504

(for those that don't)

And then I found this:

Wweyland

Great tracks but I prefer the Alien 3 NES music.

cloverfan98

I suck at RPGs and I kinda hate playing them but I would have picked this up in a heartbeat. It would have brought some much needed variety to the Aliens universe and Aliens video games beyond the usual FPS. Thankfully Isolation helped add variety to Alien games but the cancellation of this title still stings.

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

Yesterday Josh Sawyer was our guest for a talk 'bout game development, there was a short part 'bout Alien as well. Whatever, i guess there will be an upload of the talk, will post a link here if that's the case. Went out for a couple of drinks as well and i didn't ask a single question 'bout Alien ... I'm an idiot :D

Corporal Hicks

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

I'm part of a small society in Austria to connect and support local game developers/students/hobbyists, sometimes we host talks/events at our university involving folks from the industry.

Corporal Hicks

Ah, cool! Looking forward to seeing whatever you guys upload.

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

Completely forgot to upload it...late, but here we go. Just a short bit 'bout design, starts at 23:47 for 5min
https://youtu.be/6r6JSHlq7WU?t=1427

... will be our guest once again in September, lets see if i come up with an Aliens question this time :D

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed