New Weapons?

Started by shadowedge, Jun 28, 2018, 02:29:38 AM

Author
New Weapons? (Read 4,412 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Xerxész on Jun 30, 2018, 12:24:29 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 30, 2018, 12:20:56 PM
Predators didn't bring new weapons, just different versions of existing weapons, so it's possible we won't have any new.

It depends on what we consider 'new'. For me the gatling plasmacaster was new. Predator hounds can also be considered as weapons and they were totally new.

Like i said, to me it was different versions of existing weapons (plasmacaster and single/firing wristblade). In AVP:R the laser mines, power glove and the whip were totally new for example.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

It'll really make me sad if we don't see any completely new weapons.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

I want the netgun. I just f***ing love that thing.

But what I'd love to see is some traps. Thw mines were good addition in avpr, sg like that would be sweet.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

I liked the traps around Trejo in Predators.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Cloaked Predator bear traps. That was a clever addition.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jul 01, 2018, 07:56:08 PM
I liked the traps around Trejo in Predators.

Those things were dirty business, but they fit in well with the beserker predator angle. It felt like a less pure hunt.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

There where a few in that scene, but I could argue withe the cloaked bear trap that it could be interesting to force characters to go through a choking point, and one of them just missing the lower leg all of a sudden.

But I would like to see bolas too for example.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jul 02, 2018, 09:39:05 AM
But I would like to see bolas too for example.

Bola's, and I saw a custom figure someone had done with a chain and a spike that looked like a really nasty snare, that would be very brutal. Very Hellraiser-ish.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Disc, netgun, spear, that's all I want.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'd love to see some more liberal or creative use of the netgun in a future film.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

I always wanted to see a Predator use a bow and arrow. One that can change into a double bladed staff. The imagery would be perfect.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 04, 2018, 10:11:21 AM
I'd love to see some more liberal or creative use of the netgun in a future film.

What do you mean by that  :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 04, 2018, 03:58:11 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 04, 2018, 10:11:21 AM

What do you mean by that  :laugh:

Oh the political humor I could unleash with that one.  ;D But I don't get political.  8)

Nevertheless, I'd say the capability to fire unusual projectiles. Who wouldn't want to hunt the hard meat with a "tater" gun? And who knows, maybe dirty diapers can weaken or confuse them?

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jul 04, 2018, 03:13:17 PM
I always wanted to see a Predator use a bow and arrow. One that can change into andoubled bladed staff. The imagery would be perfect.

Same here, it definitely depends on the type of hunter and hunt though but I think that would be a visually cool thing to see. It's something that should be used in a more secluded setting rather than a busy city/town.

The net gun would be awesome to see again. Am I the only one who was a fan of the whip?  ;D

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 04, 2018, 04:06:35 PM
Am I the only one who was a fan of the whip?  ;D

Nope. Loved it. May we live to see its return.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed