New Weapons?

Started by shadowedge, Jun 28, 2018, 02:29:38 AM

Author
New Weapons? (Read 4,393 times)

shadowedge

shadowedge

For those that have read the script, are there any new weapon for the Predators? The trailer and action figure
Spoiler
shows the plasma caster,  wrist blades, and shuriken
[close]

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

The script had mask-mounted miniature plasma casters.

Otherwise I don't think there was anything we haven't seen before.
Spoiler
The Upgrade has some kind of a energy weapon I think.
[close]

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 28, 2018, 03:29:41 AM

Spoiler
[close]

Upgrade had an ion blaster cannon and a projectile arrow weapon in the script, both gauntlet-mounted. He had no mask an no armor.
However, the script did not mention wrist blade for the Upgrade, and we now see on the poster (and in the trailer) that he has a single blade on his right-arm gauntlet, similar to the Super Predators.

The script mentioned a combi-stick later in the story but it was never used.

That's all if I remember well.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Xerxész on Jun 28, 2018, 07:00:23 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 28, 2018, 03:29:41 AM

Spoiler
[close]

Upgrade had an ion blaster cannon and a projectile arrow weapon in the script, both gauntlet-mounted. He had no mask an no armor.
However, the script did not mention wrist blade for the Upgrade, and we now see on the poster (and in the trailer) that he has a single blade on his right-arm gauntlet, similar to the Super Predators.

The script mentioned a combi-stick later in the story but it was never used.

That's all if I remember well.

The two ally preds have some grappling hook shooting from their wrist gauntlet.

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 28, 2018, 11:56:32 AM
The two ally preds have some grappling hook shooting from their wrist gauntlet.

Yes, I know about them but those grappling hooks are not real weapons...rather other equipment.
As the cloaking ball...

YTL_Hunter_H2

YTL_Hunter_H2

The cloaking ball just sounds weird. I always interpreted the cloaking technology as part of the wrist computer

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've not heard mention of it from the test screenings. Not that I can remember anyway.

It's a shame we don't seem to be getting any new weapons but it's sweet to see the shuriken back. Would have loved to have seen the pistol back too.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

I'm all for new toys, perhaps in newer films then.
It's one thing P2 really drove home, expanding on what was there.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

There's still a chance we got a few new toys, who knows...

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 29, 2018, 07:45:42 AM
It's a shame we don't seem to be getting any new weapons but it's sweet to see the shuriken back.

We WILL get new weapons, I'm totally sure about this.
Every Predator film (even AvPs) got brand new weapons/equipment for their main creatures.

Here we will get the ion canon and the projectile arrow weapon for the Upgrade, but if they will be left out from the final version of the film, I think it's quite evident, they will give him other new staff. I dare to say that this is a requirement for the producers/directors when creating a new film: new Predator, new equipment also.

YTL_Hunter_H2

YTL_Hunter_H2

I'd like to see the disc from predator 2 make a come back.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: YTL_Hunter_H2 on Jun 28, 2018, 09:44:13 PM
The cloaking ball just sounds weird. I always interpreted the cloaking technology as part of the wrist computer

What's a cloaking ball?

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: YTL_Hunter_H2 on Jun 30, 2018, 11:42:02 AM
I'd like to see the disc from predator 2 make a come back.

No way, because there is already a disc-like weapon: the Shuriken.

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jun 30, 2018, 11:43:39 AM
What's a cloaking ball?

The cloaking ball is the Captured's equipment which is found by McKenna at the crash site in the beginning of the film. He uses it to cloak/decloak, and at the end of the film Casey also uses it.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Predators didn't bring new weapons, just different versions of existing weapons, so it's possible we won't have any new. But i tend to think we will, even just a few.

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 30, 2018, 12:20:56 PM
Predators didn't bring new weapons, just different versions of existing weapons, so it's possible we won't have any new.

It depends on what we consider 'new'. For me the gatling plasmacaster was new. Predator hounds can also be considered as weapons and they were totally new.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed