20th Century Fox & Tongal Announce Alien Short Film Contest!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 27, 2018, 05:55:56 PM

Author
20th Century Fox & Tongal Announce Alien Short Film Contest! (Read 77,327 times)

TC

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 15, 2019, 12:46:50 AM
Not sure what people are expecting, these are micro budgets.

These look great considering.

$36,000 US each. Small, for a professional job, but it looks to me like Alien: Containment spent their money where it counts most in low budget production: art direction (set builds, costume, and props).

You can hire your fancy Arri Alexa and all the swish camera gear you like but if you want good looking images you gotta give your cinematographer a fighting chance and give him/her something decent to photograph.

TC

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 15, 2019, 08:38:40 AM
The suit looks fine. It's just not a hero suit so you're not going to get any snarling slow mouth opens. It's just about how they used it. From what we've seen so far the shorts look pretty good. Just hoping the whole things do! But I'm feeling pretty hopeful.

That's where I'm at with these. Hopeful. My favorite is already Alien: Containment because... you know... but a lot can be done with that suit. In my opinion, It's all ultimately going to live or die on the direction, acting, cinematography and to a lesser extent, story for these shorts.

Xiggz456

Quite excited about these! Way to go Old One! I'm pleasantly surprised that this is releasing before Alien Day. I've said it before but it's a great time to be a fan of the franchise!

XenoHunter99

I think they'll be fun. Looking forward to them.

bobcunk

It should cost to much to make good sets and costumes as long as they get talented artists, pluse I doubt the actors will get much pay. If they only pay s few 100 for the actors and get slot of volunteers. They wilk have a lot to use on the visuals.

Huggs

Just fyi hicks, you got a couple of errors in that first sentence.

"Short films based set within the alien films"

I wouldn't mention it, but it's on the main page and it kind of jumps out at ya.

"short films set within the Alien universe"  ;)

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Congratulations on storyboarding The Old One! That's amazing :)

D88M

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Mar 14, 2019, 10:24:51 PM
Meh, not holding my breath for these. I like the names of the shorts they are intriguing. But this wreaks of stories build around bells and whistles(the cliches people think of when they think of Alien movies).

We shall see if they have any real substance or end up losing any originality to playing homage and fan pandering like the bumkamp movie would have been.

Yeah, but we will see, stories are all about the script, i will remain optimistic until i see them. Pretty obvious too that this is just a test to see what they do with the franchise.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: D88M on Mar 16, 2019, 03:59:27 AM
stories are all about the script

I need this on a t-shirt.  ;D

Frosty Venom

When are these meant to be getting released?

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Mar 16, 2019, 07:35:47 AM
When are these meant to be getting released?

One per week starting on March 29th.

Frosty Venom

HuDaFuK

Early reports out of the con are that the four they screened are decent.

Whiskeybrewer

Keyes

Really looking forward to these! I thought the shots in the trailer looked very well done for the budget they were working with. Good catch to those that picked up on the Covenant Xeno suit being used, and it makes sense if it was at hand rather than creating a brand new Giger-esque suit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed