20th Century Fox & Tongal Announce Alien Short Film Contest!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 27, 2018, 05:55:56 PM

Author
20th Century Fox & Tongal Announce Alien Short Film Contest! (Read 77,384 times)

Local Trouble

You should storyboard TCF next.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 13, 2019, 07:49:00 PM
Depends on 20th Century Fox.

Gotcha. So very cool!

Spoiler
Did you add spinners? ;)
[close]

Samhain13

Those short films will be canon? When do they take place?

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 13, 2019, 07:51:19 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Mar 13, 2019, 07:49:00 PM
20th Century Fox's decision.

Gotcha. So very cool!

Spoiler
Did you add spinners? ;)
[close]

No! Rats!  :D

Voodoo Magic

Nightmare Asylum

Congrats on the gig, Old One! Have you gotten a chance to see your work translated on screen yet, or are you as in the dark as the rest of us?

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 13, 2019, 07:53:10 PM
Those short films will be canon? When do they take place?

As per the original Tongal description, I believe they're supposed to be set around the time of Alien. The design, character references, etc. were all limited solely to the original film (which is why I was pretty shocked when they went with the Covenant Alien reference suit but, like Hicks said, Fox must have had it on standby and lent it out to each film).

The Old One

The Old One

No, no preview.

Samhain13

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 13, 2019, 07:55:39 PM
As per the original Tongal description, I believe they're supposed to be set around the time of Alien. The design, character references, etc. were all limited solely to the original film (which is why I was pretty shocked when they went with the Covenant Alien reference suit but, like Hicks said, Fox must have had it on standby and lent it out to each film).

Meaning around 2122? Hmm wonder if they will try to tie anything on it to other material and where the alien on these stories come from.

HuDaFuK

Really looking forward to seeing what comes of these.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 13, 2019, 08:03:39 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 13, 2019, 07:55:39 PM

Meaning around 2122? Hmm wonder if they will try to tie anything on it to other material and where the alien on these stories come from.

They way I see it, I'm more interested in the shorts as examples of what these filmmakers can do and as their individual takes on the Alien universe (within the realms of the restrictions they had to work in, of course) more so than I am in them as hard "canon."

HuDaFuK

JungleHunter87

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 13, 2019, 08:30:27 PM
^ This.

Seconded. Can't wait to see what these teams will do!

Also, Belatedly, Congrats Old One! Defiantly something to be proud of.

Huggs

They need to succeed. I want to see them bring the house down and show fox how its done.

Daniil

Very promising so far. New blood is coming!  :)

Voodoo Magic

Hoping Old One storyboarded the Xeno to do some crab-walk.

I just love me some crab-walk!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed