20th Century Fox & Tongal Announce Alien Short Film Contest!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 27, 2018, 05:55:56 PM

Author
20th Century Fox & Tongal Announce Alien Short Film Contest! (Read 78,276 times)

Nukiemorph

And now the trailer is up.

Why pull it if you're just going to put it back up a few hours later?

Corporal Hicks

Likely to coincide with the Hollywood Reporter article. It was probably just a mistake.

Frosty Venom

Nice. It looks decent.

Nightmare Asylum

Looks like the Odd Studio Covenant Alien at the end there. Funny that they went with that, seeing as the rules established that everything was supposed to be completely based on the original film and not any of the followups.

Voodoo Magic

Hmm. Well I'm hopeful.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 13, 2019, 07:14:56 PM
Looks like the Odd Studio Covenant Alien at the end there. Funny that they went with that, seeing as the rules established that everything was supposed to be completely based on the original film and not any of the followups.

I reckon the studio probably provided the suit.

Huggs

Looks like it could go either way.

The Old One

The Old One

Overjoyed to finally witness the finished films.
Spoiler
I storyboarded for Alien Containment.
[close]
;D

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 13, 2019, 07:17:50 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 13, 2019, 07:14:56 PM

I reckon the studio probably provided the suit.

Yup yup, exactly what I thought. Would have been nice to see something resembling the Giger Alien (since the Covenant version is very specific to that film's point in the timeline) but it is cool that they at least had a film-quality suit to work with for these.

I'm curious about how this whole project pans out. I do really like the idea of them giving indie filmmakers a shot at doing this. Trailer didn't "wow" me but it definitely has me interested and I will be checking out each one with an open mind for sure; hoping for some cool little projects here.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I was quite open to this but I wasn't too sure what to expect from them. I'm pleasantly surprised at how well shot these look. I'm still a little hesitant about some of the creature effects but I'm very eager to see the finished products.

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 13, 2019, 07:20:20 PM
Spoiler
I storyboarded Alien Containment.
[close]
;D

And that is so freaking cool. Seriously, congratulations! You made a stamp on an official product!

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 13, 2019, 07:21:15 PM
Yup yup, exactly what I thought. Would have been nice to see something resembling the Giger Alien (since the Covenant version is very specific to that film's point in the timeline) but it is cool that they at least had a film-quality suit to work with for these.

Considering how rooted in Alien this has all been, yeah, it would have been sweet to see a more Giger-esque suit. But they'd got a theatrical quality suit easily available, so I guess I wont complain. Gives them a more expensive look depending on how well they've used it.

The Old One

The Old One

The film's Covenant's suit is absent.

A variation of the design is present though.

Huggs

Spoiler
[close]
;D

You are now official canon.  ;)

Seriously though, congratulations. That is immensely cool.

The Old One

The Old One

Thank you. I'm lucky.  ;D

A lucky star.

Voodoo Magic

Spoiler
[close]
;D

Wow, very cool Old One! Will you be sharing those with us at some point, I hope?

The Old One

The Old One

20th Century Fox's decision.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed