20th Century Fox & Tongal Announce Alien Short Film Contest!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 27, 2018, 05:55:56 PM

Author
20th Century Fox & Tongal Announce Alien Short Film Contest! (Read 77,340 times)

Wweyland

Will these be released online? Hopefully, it is like the Blade Runner 2049 prequel movies which were released on Youtube.

Xiggz456

It's $30k per short right? Or is it $30k divvied up to the 6 shorts ($5k per short). Either way I'm really looking forward to seeing these.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TC on Jul 28, 2018, 06:26:01 AM
Quote from: Wweyland on Jul 27, 2018, 09:45:46 AM
I wonder if these movies will be considered semi-canon or what.

I doubt it. That would require a whole extra level of story ratification that they don't mention in the competition process. Here is what they have to say about story requirements:

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this. They're 5-10 minute long shorts that are unlikely to have any sort of far reaching continuity implications. It's an officially sanctioned competition being overseen in some capacity by Fox. If anything, I'd say they'd have the same "canon" validity as any other tie-in's that Fox sanctions.

Quote from: Wweyland on Jul 28, 2018, 08:36:39 AM
Will these be released online? Hopefully, it is like the Blade Runner 2049 prequel movies which were released on Youtube.

Unknown but I'd imagine they'll see online release. Personally, I'm hoping Fox'll make some spectacle of them for AlienDay 2019. Cinematic showings in front of or after showings of Alien or some such.

HumanPredator

HumanPredator

@TC, that is the issue i have with Tongal.  The instructions are not very clear.  They said you can't use any copyrighted material, but you can mention characters from the film?  I entered the contest...didn't win (though would have liked to have received some sort of feedback). 

The Old One

The Old One

I'd rather just get them when they're finished.

Corporal Hicks

Denton Smalls

Somebody should make a short called Aliens: Canon and just completely turn the lore upside down for sh!ts and giggles...

I'm talking instantaneous chestburster births post-facehug, David being the Space Jockey, Turk dying in the EEV and not Hicks, Bishop putting an egg on the Sulaco, Charles Weyland being Peter Weyland's dad, etc.

Still Collating...

I'd pay to see that parody.

Honestly, I'm really curious about the quality of these short films and I hope we get something interesting.

Corporal Hicks

Looks like I never posted this one here >>

I don't know which of the select pitches is theirs - I suspect it's Alien: Ore - but it looks like they may have wrapped shooting on their pieces.

Corporal Hicks

1979Ash

When are we going to see these?

Corporal Hicks

The whole project should be done with in the first week of February. When they actually release them? We don't know yet.

Huggs

Huggs

Alien Day?

1979Ash

I'm excited to see them! What's happening on Alien Day?

Necronomicon II

Spill some beans Corporal, we got knives, sharp sticks... ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed