20th Century Fox & Tongal Announce Alien Short Film Contest!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 27, 2018, 05:55:56 PM

Author
20th Century Fox & Tongal Announce Alien Short Film Contest! (Read 80,909 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 28, 2019, 10:27:29 PMAre these really not included with the new 40 year anniversary Alien release?? :o

Only digitally.

Corporal Hicks

QuoteThey've been a hit so far. The first shorts generated 7.6 million minutes of watch time on YouTube alone in their first two weeks of release, according to the studio and Tongal, which connects brands with creative talent for content-marketing and advertising projects.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dbloom/2019/04/28/alien-films-40th-birthday-spawns-shorts-outburst-from-fox-tongal/

Not too shabby.

SiL

I'm really glad to hear. I hope they do this again.

Prez

Quote from: SiL on Apr 29, 2019, 11:06:53 AM

Agreed. Would an annual comp in line with Alien Day be too much? Perhaps not 6 films but maybe 1 or 2 in a slightly longer format say 15-20 mins?

Whos_Nick

HuDaFuK

Having now watched all of these a couple of times to get a good handle on them...
  • Specimen
  • Ore
  • Alone
  • Harvest
  • Containment
  • Night Shift
Fairly substantial drop off between the top three and the bottom three, but that's not to say the bottom three were bad, just that the top three impressed me significantly more. In fact Specimen, Ore and Alone were all pretty close in terms of how much I liked them.

The Old One

Huggs

Quote from: Prez on Apr 29, 2019, 01:26:35 PM

Agreed. Would an annual comp in line with Alien Day be too much? Perhaps not 6 films but maybe 1 or 2 in a slightly longer format say 15-20 mins?

I prefer multiple shorter...shorts.

Spoiler
Just imagine 20 minutes of Night Shift.
[close]

Still Collating...

Just rewatched all of them. I'm still pleased with what we got, even appreciating each short more over time. It ranges from liking some to adoring others. I could imagine every short being expanded.

This was a successful project in my eyes.

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Huggs on May 04, 2019, 04:09:05 AM
Quote from: Prez on Apr 29, 2019, 01:26:35 PM

I prefer multiple shorter...shorts.

Spoiler
Just imagine 20 minutes of Night Shift.
[close]

Spoiler
still better than 2 hours of Covenant
[close]

The Old One

The Old One

At least the prequel caused us to receive David's Drawings and TCF. I don't see anything of the sort coming out of Containment, Harvest or Night Shift.

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: The Old One on May 04, 2019, 06:05:54 PM
At least the prequel caused us to receive David's Drawings and TCF. I don't see anything of the sort coming out of Containment, Harvest or Night Shift.

It also gave us the flute scene, a person who took a job in space yelling "I hate space!" as well as taking a huge runny dump all over the lore of the original movie. 

Huggs

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on May 04, 2019, 06:26:30 PM
a person who took a job in space yelling "I hate space!"

Bad example.

Fireman hate fire, cops hate domestic calls and getting shot at, most everybody hates retail and flipping burgers.

Every gig sucks in some way, and most of us have had jobs we've hated and that required us to do stuff we are uncomfortable with.

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Huggs on May 04, 2019, 07:10:24 PM
Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on May 04, 2019, 06:26:30 PM
a person who took a job in space yelling "I hate space!"

Bad example.

Fireman hate fire, cops hate domestic calls and getting shot at, most everybody hates retail and flipping burgers.

Every gig sucks in some way, and most of us have had jobs we've hated and that required us to do stuff we are uncomfortable with.

Damn you Huggs!  Damn you and your cast iron logic!!!

[cancerblack]

Literally nothing wrong with the flute scene tbh.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed