David the creator

Started by Dropship, Jun 25, 2018, 03:04:14 PM

Author
David the creator (Read 38,416 times)

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

How would we know when both are black goo creatures? Unless the Neomorph in it's form is natural and native to planet 4 which I doubt...

I could believe the Deacon is a variation on the Neomorph simply because the Deacon's life cycle is too specific and convoluted, whereas I could imagine the Neomorph spreading a lot faster.

Another possibility is that both the Deacon and Neomorph are branch species from a Xenomorphic template within the black goo as others have previously stated.

More official info on both the black goo and the Neomorphs would be very interesting, though that's very unlikely at this point.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 30, 2018, 10:49:14 AM
David gets the author of the Ozymandias quote wrong - that detail wasn't put in the movie by accident.
Neither was David explaining how he created the Alien :)

SM

SM

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 30, 2018, 06:12:35 PM
The Deacon is obviously a variation on the Neomorphs, not the other way around.

"Obviously" why?

Samhain13

Samhain13

I doubt even Ridley know what he was trying to do with those 2. He might have not even noticed the difference between them.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: SM on Jun 30, 2018, 09:57:03 PM

"Obviously" why?

Because the road to the Deacon is convoluted, where the road to the Neomorph is common.

The Deacon's just a f**ked up Neomorph that's been changed because it's been carried from womb to womb, taking on different traits.

The same way that Ledward's Neomorph had back spines to escape through the back and the throat burster didn't.

SM

SM

I don't really see how one would be derived from the other or vice versa.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jun 30, 2018, 02:52:37 PM
Quote from: SiL on Jun 29, 2018, 09:47:30 AM
The movie isn't cryptic. David explains how he went about it. He basically found an infected space wasp and f**ked around until he got an Alien.

The scripts never said David was remaking anything. ADF confirmed he was the one who added it into the novel even though it wasn't in the script.
Just because he created something doesn't mean he was the sole, original creator. Also, sure David says how he did it, but he's also an unreliable source of information.

David gets the author of the Ozymandias quote wrong - that detail wasn't put in the movie by accident.

Because Scott confimed that he created them.
Ridley Scott says a lot of things, and what he says changes from movie to movie.

Not to mention, the movie is up to interpretation anyway - Ridley Scott would be the first one to tell you that.

Quote from: SiL on Jun 30, 2018, 09:03:46 PM
Neither was David explaining how he created the Alien :)
Him getting that detail wrong is what calls his explanation into question, since he's obviously an unreliable source of information. :)
He can know how they were created and mis-attribute who created them, just like he mis-attributes the author of the Ozymandias quote. I can explain how a combustion engine works, or how to create beer, but that doesn't mean I was the original creator of those things.

And I said, even if he's right and he's legitimately creating them, that doesn't mean he's the first person to create such a thing - whether he realizes that or not.
It's also a pretty hilarious thematic "f**k you" to his god complex if he genuinely thinks he's the first/sole creator and he's wrong.

SiL

SiL

At least we got to "And even if I'm wrong I'll just imagine I'm right anyway" faster this time.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Jul 02, 2018, 01:52:12 AM
At least we got to "And even if I'm wrong I'll just imagine I'm right anyway" faster this time.
That's not what I said. :)
If that was your takeaway from my post, then you, uh, you really missed the point.

Here's another mind-blower: just because a character says something doesn't make it gospel truth. Characters lie and make mistakes.

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Jun 30, 2018, 06:12:10 AM
Quote from: muthur9000 on Jun 29, 2018, 10:56:09 AM
Quote from: SM on Jun 29, 2018, 10:41:21 AM
You can make an argument it's a variation of the Deacon or Neomorph.

It's the age-old Genetically Modified argument isn't it though. You have a look at the apple that used to grow in the wild, created and evolved naturally and it's not very good. Over many years of genetic crossbreeding and such, you get this enormous sweet crunchy apple which is much better than the original. That's the way I see it now anyway.

Something like this?

https://i.imgur.com/J63uwYn.jpg + https://i.imgur.com/BjFmQ3f.jpg = https://i.imgur.com/qM9q8sD.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xRyGB7E.jpg + https://i.imgur.com/5iQpml7.jpg = https://i.imgur.com/xwJdUI9.jpg

Yes, pretty much. What is the pathogen has a pre-destined morphology and shape. If the pathogen was used to seed planets and we and all life on Earth comes from them. And the biological life on Planet 4 is just like ours on Earth. It's the thing that makes the most sense, when trying to make sense of it.

SM

SM

:laugh:

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Jul 02, 2018, 04:41:26 AM

:laugh:
The best part is SM is laughing at something I didn't say, but couldn't know that because he's got me on ignore.

Straw man arguments are the best kind of arguments. ;D

Huggs

Huggs

David being the creator is just the latest nail in the coffin. Even if the prequels stop right now, I'm concerned that all they will have accomplished is to say the Jockeys are just big bald guys, and the xenomorphs were created by an android with daddy issues. After two movies, I'm still wondering what the overall plan was here? How have they improved the franchise? What positive ideas have they contributed?

We still know squat diddly about the engineers, who should be the most interesting part of these movies, yet look at covenant. Zilch, Nada, Nunca, Zip. Just hollow hills and empty rooms. It's so unsatisfying. We're learning very little. And if that's the plan, then frankly, the space jockeys and xenomorphs were more impressive and frightening as large and ancient alien creatures that we knew nothing about.

Financial and political stuff aside, I always saw this overall storyline as a fight between Intelligence/technology and unbridled/furious nature. No amount of technology, advanced weaponry, or careful planning is really enough to save everyone from it. That and these are monster movies. It's supposed to be a scary experience about things that want to eat you. All of these philosophical and theological concepts Ridley has been injecting into this franchise is like trying to get motorcycle mileage out of a full-size truck. You're asking too much of the wrong machine. The design was perfect for its task already.

If they make another prequel, yes I'll watch it. But I'll find myself quoting Holiday/Holloway. "This is just another tomb".   Amen brother.

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jul 02, 2018, 04:46:16 AM
The best part is SM is laughing at something I didn't say, but couldn't know that because he's got me on ignore.

:D

The Old One

The Old One

Holiday  :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 02, 2018, 05:13:22 AM
Holiday  :laugh:

It's what I personally call him. You know, the whole Christmas and presents thing. That and the atheism. And seriously, does Charlie Holiday not sound like the ultimate cowboy name? Especially in space?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed