David the creator

Started by Dropship, Jun 25, 2018, 03:04:14 PM

Author
David the creator (Read 38,295 times)

Dropship

Dropship

Hello
I would like to ask the avp masses a question to see where we all are on the the subject of david as the creator of the xeno/alien.

Do people like the idea of him as the daddy of the beast or was ridley and fox wrong to go in that direction?

All views welcome

Thanks

The Old One

The Old One

It's better than it being a natural creature.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I think a lot of fans in general dislike the idea. I would have prefered their origin to be left as a mysterious part of the Engineers ancient past. However I have warmed to the idea a bit over time.

Dropship

Dropship

I kind of agree with you, I think fox and scott removed the alien from the xeno making it less mysterious, same thing with the jockey too.
Respect all views on the subject, I seem to have this ongoing debate with my friends and it seems the fan Base is very devided over it.

Thanks for your comments fellas

Samhain13

Samhain13

It's worse than the Strause Brothers' idea of having a avp3 movie on the aliens homeplanet with dinossaur sized aliens fighting predators.

judge death

judge death

Well both in the movie although cryptic and hidden, and in the script and novel David just tried recreating the xenomorph from the info he got from the space engineers, and now I cant remember if he even found an egg he based a lot of his research on. Which explains why his xeno grew up faster and skipped the chestburster stage, and also why its way more stupid and more aggressive than the xeno we see in the original movies. Attacking the crane by jumping at it.......
And also remember in prometheus they had on the murals the xeno shown, and also the derelight ship has long time ago crashed on lv-426 at this time unless Ridley rewrite that part in the next movie, which would go against what Giger and Dan O banon and others confirmed when making alien and the space jockey is fossilised, dont get me started on you cans ee teeth and its tounge and eye etc and not a suit.

So to me David isnt the creator, just trying to recreate the creature and make it better and use it for his own gains and experiments. Those proto morphs and deacon etc I gladly let him take credit for however.

Dropship

Dropship

Quote from: judge death on Jun 25, 2018, 06:37:24 PM
Well both in the movie although cryptic and hidden, and in the script and novel David just tried recreating the xenomorph from the info he got from the space engineers, and now I cant remember if he even found an egg he based a lot of his research on. Which explains why his xeno grew up faster and skipped the chestburster stage, and also why its way more stupid and more aggressive than the xeno we see in the original movies. Attacking the crane by jumping at it.......
And also remember in prometheus they had on the murals the xeno shown, and also the derelight ship has long time ago crashed on lv-426 at this time unless Ridley rewrite that part in the next movie, which would go against what Giger and Dan O banon and others confirmed when making alien and the space jockey is fossilised, dont get me started on you cans ee teeth and its tounge and eye etc and not a suit.

So to me David isnt the creator, just trying to recreate the creature and make it better and use it for his own gains and experiments. Those proto morphs and deacon etc I gladly let him take credit for however.

Can't really comment on the script or novel as I have not read them, I get what you are saying but it does feel like they are excuses that the writers came up with after just to get around the hole idea of david being daddy it may have been in a early script but not the finished product,  plus Scott confirmed in a covenant interview that david is now the creator? I loved the original jockey concept too, gigers work on movie was amazing, fossilised and been there for many years, and I can't see how Scott would turn this around to be honest, too many lose ends so to speak

Thanks for your input
Much appreciated

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's difficult for me to accept because I'm so married to the long standing idea that the Alien is some ancient horror. I'd always liked the ideas that the Space Jockeys had engineered them and when the Jockey's became the Engineers, I still thought that it could work with the Engineers creating the Alien.

Scott definitely intends that David be the creator of the Alien but I think there's wiggle room within the film for it to go down the route that Alan Dean Foster did in the novelization and have David simply re-creating or refining existing work the Engineers had done on cultivating Alien-like creatures.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I straight up want the alien to be an Alien from another galaxy. Entirely different from us, a completely different evolutionary path, if not a cosmic entity that became so perfect that it was somehow able to adapt itself to human dna. Something assumed to be impossible. A survivor as Ash put it, all those years ago. The Space Jockey should also be from that same other galaxy and it's relationship could be nothing more than space trucker. Of course for this to be, both David and the Engineers would have to be demoted to nothing more than bootleggers of alien dna. Nothing would please me more than for David to be outed as creating nothing more than high quality bootlegs but none the less merely bootlegs of the original creature. Kane's son doesn't have to come from David's experiments. The derelict should be confirmed as being ancient, millions of years old.

But hey that's just me. Truth be told I can sort of live with David creating the damn thing but to be honest, the one thing that is sacrosanct to me is that humans can't be the creator of the Alien. David being the creation of a human really tugs too close to that idea. However a child destroying his parents may be the faith of the human race.

The Old One

The Old One

The truth is though that David is farther from humanity, from other life as we know it than the Engineers. The Pathogen was also said to be primordial in advent I believe.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Definitely dislike the fact that David created them. And while a presumption, the majority probably shares that sentiment.

I preferred them as being an old species that is actually truly Alien, rather than an artificial creation of something created by mankind. It has made the universe smaller as well and the Alien less than what it was.

I used to prefer them as creations of the space jockeys but after consideration, I now would prefer that they were a natural species that was at least modified by the engineers.
Nature can create a lot of horrific species. I mean the Alien itself is based upon real life insects and parasites. There is a lot of monsters out there that are completely natural. 

426Buddy

426Buddy

I always felt that the alien was designed to perfectly for a human to be truly alien. I liked the idea of engineers created them for use as part of a whole aresenal of bio-weapons for their wars.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jun 26, 2018, 01:37:04 PM
Definitely dislike the fact that David created them. And while a presumption, the majority probably shares that sentiment.

I preferred them as being an old species that is actually truly Alien, rather than an artificial creation of something created by mankind. It has made the universe smaller as well and the Alien less than what it was.

I used to prefer them as creations of the space jockeys but after consideration, I now would prefer that they were a natural species that was at least modified by the engineers.
Nature can create a lot of horrific species. I mean the Alien itself is based upon real life insects and parasites. There is a lot of monsters out there that are completely natural.

I agree with you.  The idea that the alien evolved independent of any "higher power" meddling is chilling.  How frightening that a creature so destructive and resilient could be alive today, in some far off planet.  Under what harsh conditions did it have to evolve under, in order for it to survive.  I think it expands the mystery of the alien and begs more questions. 

I'm also fine with the engineers having created them as a tool to quell insurrection or war.  I just can't get on board with the David thing - I think Hicks said it perfectly in his post above  :-\

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: judge death on Jun 25, 2018, 06:37:24 PM

Pretty much this.

SiL

SiL

The movie isn't cryptic. David explains how he went about it. He basically found an infected space wasp and f**ked around until he got an Alien.

The scripts never said David was remaking anything. ADF confirmed he was the one who added it into the novel even though it wasn't in the script.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed