David the creator

Started by Dropship, Jun 25, 2018, 03:04:14 PM

Author
David the creator (Read 38,428 times)

SM

SM

Yep.

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Originally I didn't like the idea, but I have made my peace with it. With everything I have studied of his "research" everything points to him recreating something, the engineers had previously discovered.

But the new David's Drawings book is an in universe diary which may shed some more light on how exactly he did it.

SM

SM

You can make an argument it's a variation of the Deacon or Neomorph.

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Quote from: SM on Jun 29, 2018, 10:41:21 AM

It's the age-old Genetically Modified argument isn't it though. You have a look at the apple that used to grow in the wild, created and evolved naturally and it's not very good. Over many years of genetic crossbreeding and such, you get this enormous sweet crunchy apple which is much better than the original. That's the way I see it now anyway.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: SiL on Jun 29, 2018, 09:47:30 AM
The scripts never said David was remaking anything. ADF confirmed he was the one who added it into the novel even though it wasn't in the script.

And we shall forever thank him for that damage control.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: muthur9000 on Jun 29, 2018, 10:56:09 AM

It's the age-old Genetically Modified argument isn't it though. You have a look at the apple that used to grow in the wild, created and evolved naturally and it's not very good. Over many years of genetic crossbreeding and such, you get this enormous sweet crunchy apple which is much better than the original. That's the way I see it now anyway.

Makes me wonder if there's a "true" Alien, as such. The accelerant seems to create creatures that follow the same basic morphology. I wonder if there's an original.

lost dragon

lost dragon

I've only recently started reading the Alien Covenant novel..to my eternal shame as a friend gave it to me for Xmas..

Watched the film only once..Prometheus twice, but i'm still really struggling with the concept of David creating the Xenomorph..

I think Dropship put it best:

'I loved the original jockey concept too, Gigers work on movie was amazing, fossilised and been there for many years, and I can't see how Scott would turn this around to be honest, too many lose ends so to speak'

It's just not sitting right with me at all, even after watching numerous YT videos explaining origins of the black goo..withdrawn script etc.

I'm currently of the mindset the 2 prequel movies so far, hadn't been attempted, as they've left me with far more questions than answers...

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: muthur9000 on Jun 29, 2018, 10:56:09 AM

Something like this?

+ =

+ =

At first, I was thinking that the Neomorph was another variant of the Deacon. However on the other hand, and although in real life evolution is not a linear process, the Neomorph seems like a missing link between the Deacon and the Xenomorph.

QuoteMakes me wonder if there's a "true" Alien, as such. The accelerant seems to create creatures that follow the same basic morphology. I wonder if there's an original.

If there is a "true Alien" (or a pure Alien, so to speak), it's probably not the xenomorph. The murals in LV-223 are the only references of these creatures since the Deacon was created through a random and convoluted chain of events.

SM

SM

Convoluted perhaps; why random?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

The movie isn't cryptic. David explains how he went about it. He basically found an infected space wasp and f**ked around until he got an Alien.

The scripts never said David was remaking anything. ADF confirmed he was the one who added it into the novel even though it wasn't in the script.
Just because he created something doesn't mean he was the sole, original creator. Also, sure David says how he did it, but he's also an unreliable source of information.

David gets the author of the Ozymandias quote wrong - that detail wasn't put in the movie by accident.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I admire ADF for trying to unf**k this.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 30, 2018, 10:49:14 AM
The movie isn't cryptic. David explains how he went about it. He basically found an infected space wasp and f**ked around until he got an Alien.

Just because he created something doesn't mean he was the sole, original creator. Also, sure David says how he did it, but he's also an unreliable source of information.

David gets the author of the Ozymandias quote wrong - that detail wasn't put in the movie by accident.

Because Scott confimed that he created them. I notice fans are trying to get around it by saying that the because the Engineers created the goo and has that mural thing that it means they still created them but unfortunatly that is not the case, them creating the goo doesn't mean they created the aliens, and that mural seems to be sadly contradicted by both David and Scott. Trust me, I wish it wasn't the case, I really dislike that David created them but its now canon unless at some point after prequel finale there is a reboot on the origins.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SM on Jun 30, 2018, 09:53:42 AM
Convoluted perhaps; why random?

Sorry, wrong word  :-X

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jun 30, 2018, 02:52:37 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 30, 2018, 10:49:14 AM

Because Scott confimed that he created them. I notice fans are trying to get around it by saying that the because the Engineers created the goo and has that mural thing that it means they still created them but unfortunatly that is not the case, them creating the goo doesn't mean they created the aliens, and that mural seems to be sadly contradicted by both David and Scott. Trust me, I wish it wasn't the case, I really dislike that David created them but its now canon unless at some point after prequel finale there is a reboot on the origins.

Easter egg or not, the creature of the mural it's a Deacon-like being, not a Xenomorph.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I know that but some peeps have still been using it to say Xenomorphs have existed before David's creation.

The Old One

The Old One

The Deacon is obviously a variation on the Neomorphs, not the other way around.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed