Is Black Goo more alien than the Alien itself?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Jun 11, 2018, 01:41:29 AM

Author
Is Black Goo more alien than the Alien itself? (Read 6,652 times)

whiterabbit

What's wrong with letting someone attempt to bring another persons vision to the big screen?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 13, 2018, 02:00:28 PM
Any good surrealist could integrate the history of Giger's work on the franchise whilst also contributing something new in the vein of the unreal, the unnatural- the surrealist that Giger was.

It's just in finding the right artist.

This! for my part I have no problems with the so-called new concepts, but I don't see any concept with the potential to become legendary in these prequels anyway. There are some interesting things there, especially in Prometheus, but nothing so great to be honest. I've always thought that surrealism was the way, and I've never agreed with the minimalist and no-so-surreal direction of Ridley Scott and Jon Spaihts in regard to the Space Jockeys: It didn't have to be a dumb elephant-like monster nor an albino in a suit, but something really otherworldly. I have nothing against philosophical themes either, as long as they show me a real Alien world; I ok with that  :P

Immortan Jonesy

It's been compared to Venom, but it really reminds me of Black Goo  :o :P :P

https://twitter.com/sunnyarkade/status/1245765719545053186?s

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 11, 2018, 01:41:29 AM

So I raise the following question: Is Black Goo more alien than the Alien itself?

It is THE Alien. OUR Alien is an organism made with those genetic resources, which may or may not be a reconstruction of an older pattern.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 18, 2020, 08:09:16 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 11, 2018, 01:41:29 AM

So I raise the following question: Is Black Goo more alien than the Alien itself?

It is THE Alien. OUR Alien is an organism made with those genetic resources, which may or may not be a reconstruction of an older pattern.

Despite being a somewhat wild plot device, the mystery tackling its origins exists.

Real life viruses are lipid shells with genetic material and some protein inside. Hell! some look like artificially created nanobots, just look at the shape of the Escherichia virus T4, an excellent bacteria killer.

Back to the balck pathogen, I wonder where the Xeno-like genetic material that carries the virus comes from ??? Did the virus assimilate the genetic material from another life form?

Or it was rather created by the Black Goo, since it has been described by David as being Fiendishly invented. Is Black Goo itself obtained from another organism? perhaps the one that the Engineers carry is a small colony belonging to a super duper huge organism like real-life Armillaria ostoyae  :o

I would expect something more Eldritch in the case of the Alien universe, of course.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed