Author
NBA Finals TV Spot! (Read 44,340 times)

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Jun 13, 2018, 12:05:53 AM
Quote from: MudButt on Jun 12, 2018, 11:36:08 PM
Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Jun 12, 2018, 11:32:18 PM
Quote from: MudButt on Jun 12, 2018, 10:54:06 PM
I feel very good about how the Loonies will be portrayed in this movie. The cast he assembled is so talented. I'm glad he didn't go after A-List actors and went for more seasoned character actors or up and coming TV stars.
Yeah while back before Boyd Holbrook, Sterling K. Brown,Thomas Jane and Trevante got casted was nothing about people crying about getting the biggest A-List of a cast, sorry, but I'm happy with this one

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

To be fair, reports were put out there that Black was looking for some big stars to fill out the roles. And remember, Benicio was cast before he dropped out of the role. This led many to assume we were gonna be getting some big stars. However I am very happy with the cast we have. It's harder to imagine people like Matt Damon or The Rock become their characters when you only see the actor for stars of their level.
Oh I remember, I aslo remember when James Franco was being rumored, Ben Affleck, (Tom Hardy was definitely being cast...smh), Del Toro had to back out due to his schedule, oh and let's not forget all the rumors of The Rock, like you I'm happy with the cast and I'm stoked for this movie

I actually would've been content with all of those choices.  Not that I mind going the non-A list route, but getting a big name actor or several could have added a little more oomph.  That being said, I'm totally fine with Holbrook, I'm happy with what I've seen so far in the trailer/teaser and much of the casting in general.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Jun 13, 2018, 12:45:41 AM
But to be honest, I see Shane being a smartass once in awhile on Twitter towards people making comments about the movie and franchise.

Being a smart ass is one thing. Being passive aggressive to your audience is another.

I was told by someone involved in the movie that we haven't see nothing yet and that was right after the first trailer.

What's this person's connection to the film?

The Wolverine Predator

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 13, 2018, 03:04:24 AM
But to be honest, I see Shane being a smartass once in awhile on Twitter towards people making comments about the movie and franchise.

Being a smart ass is one thing. Being passive aggressive to your audience is another.

I was told by someone involved in the movie that we haven't see nothing yet and that was right after the first trailer.

What's this person's connection to the film?
I don't wanna say, I'm pretty sure they have seen this site before

frenchfries

frenchfries

Quote from: PredBabe on Jun 13, 2018, 12:15:43 AM
Yeah I'm actually really excited about the casting as well. Seems like they're a fun crew and I already think this movie will be better than Predators because of the actors involved (as well as the risky writing). The loonies idea seems fun and unique. Thomas Jane I'm looking forward to the most but I'm loving Holbrook's lines and presence in the trailers, I feel like they made a great decision with him as the lead.
I havent read the leaked script, so could someone explain what the whole loonies thing is?

MudButt

MudButt

It's what the soldiers call themselves. (Holbrook, Jane, KMK, Alfie Allen, Trevante Rhodes, and Augosto Aguilera's characters.)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

It also acts as an homage/nod of sorts to "The Goonies."

frenchfries

frenchfries

another question. So Holbrooks character is the sole survivor of a team that first encounters the captured but then he meets the rest of the loonies (this is an impression I am getting from the trailers) how do the rest of the loonies get drag into the conflict.

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: frenchfries on Jun 13, 2018, 07:10:48 AM
another question. So Holbrooks character is the sole survivor of a team that first encounters the captured but then he meets the rest of the loonies (this is an impression I am getting from the trailers) how do the rest of the loonies get drag into the conflict.

You won't believe it: he tells his story them in the bus and the Loonies start to believe him.
That's all. :D

oldnorse

oldnorse

The impression I get from the trailer seeing as how they are all dressed the same in the clip where Mckenna tells them about the alien and a bit later when the guy in the red shirt gets pulled out through the rear window of the bus by a predator is, that there's more than plenty of good reason for them to accept Mckenna's story.

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: frenchfries on Jun 13, 2018, 06:26:18 AM
I havent read the leaked script, so could someone explain what the whole loonies thing is?
Quote from: MudButt on Jun 13, 2018, 06:30:51 AM
It's what the soldiers call themselves. (Holbrook, Jane, KMK, Alfie Allen, Trevante Rhodes, and Augosto Aguilera's characters.)
Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 13, 2018, 06:33:38 AM

They're ex-military suffering from mental health issues, so that is why it makes sense too.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Hollywood on Jun 13, 2018, 01:18:28 PM
Quote from: frenchfries on Jun 13, 2018, 06:26:18 AM
Quote from: MudButt on Jun 13, 2018, 06:30:51 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 13, 2018, 06:33:38 AM

They're ex-military suffering from mental health issues, so that is why it makes sense too.
So the predators hunting disabled vets? yikes.

MudButt

MudButt

None of them are physically disabled, they suffer from PTSD mostly. The only ones who appear to be suffering the most from PTSD are Coyle and Baxley. (Thomas Jane and Keegan's characters).

I hope they do more with it though. They're just portrayed as these crackpot soldiers who laugh and crack jokes. It would be interesting if they do a little more with the PTSD element while they engage in battle against the Predators.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Spoiler
During that big final battle too. You could have all kinds of stuff going on with the Loonies in terms of seeing things, or suffering the shakes or breaking down, relieving what they experienced. Over come the monsters of their own personal demons.
[close]

Nole

Nole

I would be nice get finally get an official version of the 2nd trailer in proper HD instead of the crap quality one that's available now.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 14, 2018, 01:09:28 AM
Spoiler
During that big final battle too. You could have all kinds of stuff going on with the Loonies in terms of seeing things, or suffering the shakes or breaking down, relieving what they experienced. Over come the monsters of their own personal demons.
[close]

Spoiler
Exactly. Hell maybe it could even lead to one or two of their deaths because they get such bad anxiety or flashbacks to whatever screwed then up to begin with. That could be some pretty powerful stuff.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed