NBA Finals TV Spot!

Started by whiterabbit, Jun 09, 2018, 01:44:22 AM

Author
NBA Finals TV Spot! (Read 43,900 times)

Master

Master

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 12, 2018, 03:40:43 AM
Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Jun 12, 2018, 03:21:35 AM
The same can be said for all of us there , and personally it might not be a better film , but for me predator 2 was a better "predator" film, and my favourite. So in other words you would rather they just rinse and repeat the first ? Correct ?

Not correct.

The natural course for the series after Predator 2 was escalation. We hunt them. That would be my focus in my Predator 3.

This. That's what I'm talking about. Reversed scenario First Blood style.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Wysps on Jun 12, 2018, 12:54:07 AM
I have a strong inclination that those parts were at least modified to a certain extent.  I can't see them staying in a Shane Black film - it's just not his style.

I'm fairly certain Black said something about removing that kind of humour from the script and letting it come naturally from the actors. Which I think is best. Moments like that made me "eeehhhh".

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Wysps your right bud , I originally was very against this film , as many members can testify,  but after a long think about things , I realised it was mostly based on nothing more that my own bias, hear say and a blend resentment at current Hollywood trends.

Iv realised over time,  that this film really did need new ideas injected into it. And I'm incredibly pleased that Shane black took the initiative to try new things and broaden the horizon. Also when I finally got the script , it got progressively better each time I read it.

There are elements that I'm still unsure of, and some that I still just damn right hate. However the script is so old , that I don't really expect the film to look or feel anything like the script and judging from everything that's come out over the last month , including set reports , stills and the trailers , there's nothing there I can honestly say " I didn't like" there is however plenty I can confidently say "I do like"

so sure iv come round full circle. But I just think in my opinion a lot of the backlash is now unwarranted and uncalled for. With Openmaw it's just friendly banter , but there are a lot of people out there right now that are really grating on me, especially on YouTube etc.

Corporal hicks put it down to a T a few months back , when he said on the lines of " if it's too like the original the haters jump on it and say " it's just a rehash " and if it strays to far from the original , the haters then say " it's nothing like the original"

it's them types that I don't like , openmaw is cool I'm just messing with him  ;)

MudButt

MudButt

Generally most people on the internet are going to hate something regardless. No one wants a rehash because then it is going to be called too safe, and no one wants it to be to unlike the original because then they're going to say that it was too different (Prime example, The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi). All they can do is make the best film possible and hope that a large majority of the audience enjoys the movie.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Speaking of the last jedi I hope there isn't any forced or dated comedy in this. For all the faults on that movie it is the comedy that kills it in a very bad way. A predator movie should be played hard R. Nothing wrong with having a laugh here and there but action and thrills is the theme. I really digged this trailer but there is also that sinking feeling that they're hiding the really corny parts of the film.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Yea, too much comedy isn't good (like in P2, the unnecessarry chessiness was frustrating)
it didn't come through like that though. The part with Boyd on the bus and he others laughing at his line felt like the jokes from p1, it was all right.

MudButt

MudButt

Shane Black has always allowed his actors to improv on set and run ideas with him. He said so in his interviews on set. Actors like Keegan Michael Key and even Olivia Munn come from comedic backgrounds and will probably assist with things like that. Shane Black himself is a funny dude. He writes good comedy (The Nice Guys is hilarious). I think(and hope) he knows just how much comedy to use in a film like this. I don't want Iron Man 3 or Nice Guys level humour in this movie but I think most of the humour is going to come from the Loonies anyways.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I'm looking forward to Key and Jane's banter. They have a fun dynamic in the script.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 12, 2018, 07:42:47 PM
I'm looking forward to Key and Jane's banter. They have a fun dynamic in the script.

Yeah, and the character Thomas Jane plays is a f**king nutty, grumpy, rough, borderline psychotic, most likely alcoholic, estranged black sheep Uncle. So he's basically playing himself  :laugh:

They did have some great banter though. One issue I had though.. SPOILERS BELOW.

Spoiler
I just felt like once the Loonies start dying it's like none of them cared. I hope they make these guys feel more like a brotherhood. In the introduction scene of the Loonies they seem to have some history from their time in the looney bin but once they start biting it not one of them mentions anything. Nebraska's death in particular is so anticlimactic because he literally gets engulfed in flames in front of McKenna and he doesn't he even react to it.
[close]

yautjapet

yautjapet

I'll admit I tend to be unimpressed with forced, over-the-top one-liners and gags - I've been to a number of movies where the theater around me is howling with laughter while I'm only occasionally cracking a smile - but I'm not humorless! I just like a more natural, relaxed, deadpan kind of humor, and from what we've seen from the two trailers so far, I've not too worried about corny jokes. Preferences aside, I think this movie especially isn't the place for it.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: MudButt on Jun 12, 2018, 07:49:16 PM

Yeah, and the character Thomas Jane plays is a f**king nutty, grumpy, rough, borderline psychotic, most likely alcoholic, estranged black sheep Uncle. So he's basically playing himself  :laugh:

They did have some great banter though. One issue I had though.. SPOILERS BELOW.

Spoiler
I just felt like once the Loonies start dying it's like none of them cared. I hope they make these guys feel more like a brotherhood. In the introduction scene of the Loonies they seem to have some history from their time in the looney bin but once they start biting it not one of them mentions anything. Nebraska's death in particular is so anticlimactic because he literally gets engulfed in flames in front of McKenna and he doesn't he even react to it.
[close]

Spoiler
Nebraska's death should (could ?) change honestly, it felt underwhelming in the script. Some other deaths are cool, but weird also, precisely the one Baxley have... How can you kill someone by tearing his skin off lol ? I mean from a technical point of view how does a spider pred achieve that ? It felt really rushed out and inaccurate. For Coyle also. And Nettles's death isn't even described ! I'm really intrigued by how it will play out during the movie, and i do believe that some deaths have changed in some extent, and will be more developed.
[close]

YTL_Hunter_H2

YTL_Hunter_H2

I've been trying to find this script for a damn year now can some message me the right direction

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

YTL_Hunter_H2 message me your email I'll sort it for you  ;)

Ramjet311

Ramjet311

Spoiler
[close]

Spot on about Thomas Jane, but did anyone else notice in the pic of the loonies in the hotel room, TJ is drinking tea? ( Whilst Trevante has a beer )

The Wolverine Predator

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Ramjet311 on Jun 12, 2018, 09:47:11 PM

Yeah, and the character Thomas Jane plays is a f**king nutty, grumpy, rough, borderline psychotic, most likely alcoholic, estranged black sheep Uncle. So he's basically playing himself  [emoji23]

Spoiler
[close]

Spot on about Thomas Jane, but did anyone else notice in the pic of the loonies in the hotel room, TJ is drinking tea? ( Whilst Trevante has a beer )
Oh yeah, spotted that within seconds...[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed