NBA Finals TV Spot!

Started by whiterabbit, Jun 09, 2018, 01:44:22 AM

Author
NBA Finals TV Spot! (Read 43,895 times)

csutkakoma

csutkakoma

To me it looks like Terminator, RoboCop, Alien franchise butchering (You name it) all over again. This thing is full of unimaginative and unnecessary ideas with a very low budget Sci-Fi movie vibe...not to mention with zero atmosphere and again...bigger is better approach with our Hulk Hogan predator. But no surprise here. I am a long time fan and I got burned so many times in this case with the Predator, Alien,  AVP and Terminator franchises...that I just do not care anymore.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Ramjet311 on Jun 11, 2018, 11:17:44 AM
Quote from: csutkakoma on Jun 11, 2018, 11:12:03 AM
Man this movie looks f**king horrible.

I think it looks pretty f**king awesome, but that's just my opinion
+1

It looks like the best of old and new, we have a kick ass classic Predator for the fans like me, and some new and exciting stuff worth going to the movies for the general audience.

That, combined with real characters from a promising screenwriter/director has me all pumped.

I know what i'm talking about, i was here when AvP-R was made... this could have been straight to DVD after the AvP's, fast forward ten years later and i really think we're blessed and damn lucky to get a quality-looking movie like this that they evidently want to get right.

September it is.

The Wolverine Predator

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Ramjet311 on Jun 11, 2018, 11:17:44 AM
Quote from: csutkakoma on Jun 11, 2018, 11:12:03 AM
Man this movie looks f**king horrible.

I think it looks pretty f**king awesome, but that's just my opinion
Yeah I agree, it looks intense, fun and deadly

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

I really liked this trailer and I've realised why. The kid isn't in it and neither is Olivia Munn (the least convincing actor ever).

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jun 11, 2018, 01:08:08 PM
I really liked this trailer and I've realised why. The kid isn't in it and neither is Olivia Munn (the least convincing actor ever).
But she was in the trailer, actually.  ???

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Really? I think my hate for her has blinded me. The woman has zero range when it comes to acting.

Edit: just rewatched it, she doesnt speak in thus trailer. Think that's how she got by me.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jun 11, 2018, 01:21:42 PM
Really? I think my hate for her has blinded me.
Yup, obviously.

Original Predator

Original Predator

Anyone notice the Super Pred with the "dog-like" stance/walk after he grabs the Pred thru the window? 

Definitely more "creature" feel. 

Maybe his huge biceps are a mutation from the DNA of Dutch?????  lol

The Wolverine Predator

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Original Predator on Jun 11, 2018, 03:13:20 PM
Anyone notice the Super Pred with the "dog-like" stance/walk after he grabs the Pred thru the window? 

Definitely more "creature" feel. 

Maybe his huge biceps are a mutation from the DNA of Dutch?????  lol
Yes I did notice that the body was like of a animal or dog like you said once he slammed the predator on the car

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

gabgrave

gabgrave

Guys, with all we know about female Predators being bigger and badder than the males... what if that big one is female... and it's mating season?  ;D

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: gabgrave on Jun 11, 2018, 04:46:28 PM
Guys, with all we know about female Predators being bigger and badder than the males... what if that big one is female... and it's mating season?  ;D

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

And unfortunately for Captured... It's Five O' Clock.

Damn.

Lefty

Lefty

Obviously this is pure speculation. But personally I am kind of hoping that the "friendly" predators (if we can really call them that) are still in the movie. Not because I like the idea of predator and human team up, but I do think having 3 or 4 predators with varying levels of motivation and hostility to the human characters has some cool potential.

You could have the classic / captured predator, who is clearly not friendly, and he's constantly at odds with these other two who seem to cooperate with his intended prey. He might kill them if he didn't think they were his only chance of getting out of the lab or compound. Then, all of a sudden some abomination freak upgrade shows up, and they all realize they're a bit screwed. Sounds dynamic to me. It probably won't play out that way at all, though.

I didn't dig the leaked APC photo, but at this point I don't really know what to expect, and that's creating some excitement. I don't outright dislike anything I've seen in the two trailers yet.

I do think it's odd that the captured predator seems to have the exact same bio mask that the one on the leaked APC photo had.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Yeah lefty I was thinking a lot about it today , iv come to the conclusion they are in it , but get used as cannon fodder earlier on , and the captured kills them and maybe steals their gear hence why he is in the same mask , seems the logical step at this stage, and maybe that's why they were not featured in the trailers as they were deemed unimportant by Shane and fox as they are killed off early on. Of course I'm just speculating though !  ;)

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 11, 2018, 08:20:03 AM
The draft that leaked was nearly a year old by the time the film went in front of cameras. Who knows how many iterations it went through. And then the third act was very extensively reworked during reshoots. Yeah, the core story seems to have remained but the specifics may not be. People need to stop treating the leaked script was have as the definitive edition of what's in store for us. We've already heard of numerous changes.

Just an FYI but all the tv spot discussions were merged into this one. There were about 3 or 4 of them including the Chad one and some discussion split off from the teaser trailer thread.

Well, to be fair... it's easy to do since the commercials have been in line with the leaked content, and it would be simple to infer that much of the specifics are the same too even if that's not the case.  A few interviews also point to some of the "meh" parts of the leaked content still being unchanged (like the friendly pred-dogs - one element that I hope is dropped.) 

Excuse me, just need to dry heave a bit :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed