AVP-R Ending

Started by IZE, May 30, 2018, 08:04:28 PM

Author
AVP-R Ending (Read 7,591 times)

IZE

IZE

For me the ending to the film was a bit too abrupt, how would u guys have chose to the film personally? For me personally i would have made it end with them finding Wolfs ship at the bottom of the lake and THATS how Yutani Corporation is able to create ships and travel into space not with his damn gun  :-\

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: IZE on May 30, 2018, 08:04:28 PM
For me personally i would have made it end with them finding Wolfs ship at the bottom of the lake and THATS how Yutani Corporation is able to create ships and travel into space not with his damn gun  :-\

It`s been some time... but I think Colin Strause said they planned on having the OWLF team from Predator 2 to find Wolf`s ship at the end. But just like their other ideas... the budget didn`t allow it.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Hell, the original scripted ending by Shane Salerno was even worse.

it literally just ended. Helicopter goes up. Bomb comes down. Fade to white. End.

happypred

happypred

The Strauses get a lot of shit...but I think their hearts were in the right place. Incredibly, this movie could have been a lot worse without their insistence in certain areas

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I think they were genuinely stuck. They wanted to make a kickass Alien and Predator film. I've no doubt about that. They did the best with what they had.

Wweyland

Wweyland

I read somewhere there was a version of the ending where the main gang is killed by special forces after they land the chopper.

Maybe it would have been better for the story if it was Wolf who activated his self-destruct instead of the plane dropping the nuke.
In the current version, Wolf really doesn't help anything, he makes the situation worse by having yet another Predator ship on Earth and he is clearly overwhelmed with all the Aliens running around. His final plan of going against the Predalien with only melee weapons doesn't make much sense. It would be better if he is wounded and sees the mayhem around him, activates destruct (which takes time and also remotely detonates his ship), then drops weapons and fights the Predalien.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Wweyland on Jun 18, 2018, 09:04:45 AMI read somewhere there was a version of the ending where the main gang is killed by special forces after they land the chopper.

Yeah, it's mentioned in the commentary. They changed it because they decided it was too bleak.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 18, 2018, 08:10:10 AM
Yeah, I think they were genuinely stuck. They wanted to make a kickass Alien and Predator film. I've no doubt about that. They did the best with what they had.

Yeah I heard they wanted it set in space at one point but that was considered too "expensive" by the studio. Which I don't see how. I get that using earth and real locations means no need to build sets but I can't imagine it being that expensive just for a few sets. I mean the previous films had no issue.

Being newbie directors, they were at the mercy of the studio. It is lucky that some of more outlandish ideas didn't get in and I read that there was a few.

SM

SM

The previous film was shot in Prague which was ultra cheap, and the sequel had significantly less budget.

IZE

IZE

Quote from: Wweyland on Jun 18, 2018, 09:04:45 AM
I read somewhere there was a version of the ending where the main gang is killed by special forces after they land the chopper.

Maybe it would have been better for the story if it was Wolf who activated his self-destruct instead of the plane dropping the nuke.
In the current version, Wolf really doesn't help anything, he makes the situation worse by having yet another Predator ship on Earth and he is clearly overwhelmed with all the Aliens running around. His final plan of going against the Predalien with only melee weapons doesn't make much sense. It would be better if he is wounded and sees the mayhem around him, activates destruct (which takes time and also remotely detonates his ship), then drops weapons and fights the Predalien.

Perfect idea honestly makes more sense.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

The Strauss Brothers were digital special effects artist, not directors. I didn't much follow any of it when the movie came out but it is clear that they were over the their heads. Still I don't see AVPr as being the crap fest lots of fans make it out to be. There's a lot of things that are done well and the over all plot isn't bad. It's more entertaining than AVP if I must be honest. Of course it's hard to prove it since the picture is so dark.

However the power source for the gun could be enough to greatly enhance human energy production. That tech is light years ahead of what was currently available at the time.

I'm curious, was Wolf's ship destroyed in the blast?

SM

SM

Based on the computer graphic in the film - very unlikely.  The helicopter escaped so the pod in the lake was probably also spared.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Really? Someone just said AvPRs plot is not bad... wow. No, it just terrible and it makes AvP a better film by comparison.

WhiteRabbit throws hyperbolic hate nonstop at TLJ, but says AvPR plot not bad and does a lot well..

D88M

D88M

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 18, 2018, 08:10:10 AM

I think that if they had gotten 200 millond dollars of budget and 6 months just to write the script they wold have still not made a good movie. Probably something way better than AVPR, but not a good movie.

Also AVPR is one of the worst movie to come out in hollywood in recent years, is almost like a parody.

I dont knwo about the ending, it would have not fixed anything honestly.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Even with the limitations they had, they could have made a decent film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed