Which ALIEN Prequel Do You Like Best?

Started by CainsSon, May 30, 2018, 05:58:45 AM

Now that we've had time to :EHEM: digest, which of the Alien Prequels do you prefer?

Prometheus
23 (39%)
Covenant
20 (33.9%)
Its a tie. They are both great.
3 (5.1%)
Its a tie. They both suck.
3 (5.1%)
Its a tie. They both have their problems but I enjoy them.
10 (16.9%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: Sep 07, 2018, 05:58:45 AM

Author
Which ALIEN Prequel Do You Like Best? (Read 12,285 times)

CainsSon

CainsSon

I realize this must have been done already. At least, in some capacity,.. but I felt that with some time having passed, maybe some of us have changed our minds.

Curious to see what everyone thinks.

SM

SM

Covenant.

bb-15

I prefer Prometheus but to me they are both good films which add to the franchise in a positive way.

;)

whiterabbit

I think both are good films but Prometheus is better in my opinion in that it greatly expanded the potential of the Alien universe. That has seemingly coalesced back into a smaller neighborhood with Covenant. Plus I really do prefer the characters from Prometheus by far.

Local Trouble

SM

SM

:laugh:

Local Trouble

I wish I was kidding, but I'm not.  AvP does the least amount of damage to the mythos, IMO.

whiterabbit

Well when you put it that way...  ::)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'd much prefer the aliens and predators in Earth's ancient past than human space jockeys and the aliens being a recent creation by an android.

And I didn't even LIKE AvP!

The Old One

The Old One

Peter Weyland > Charles Bishop Weyland

Despite everything to do with the Alien feeling shoehorned in, Covenant is the better of the two films.

Really the best prequels to Alien are Happy Birthday David, Meet Walter, 2023 Peter Weyland TED Talk and Blade Runner.

Jonesy1974

I like Prometheus but much prefer Covenant.

reecebomb

Both suck, but Prometheus sucks less.

Corporal Hicks

There's things I dislike in both but over all I prefer Covenant. It's just a better completely film for me. That's not to say there's not things I don't like in Prometheus, I just find it an annoying watching experience.

MU-TH-UR 6000

Covenant as a film is better structured and has better pacing than Prometheus, bar the last rushed act. But if they ever decide to do a new Prometheus cut, trimming down a lot of it, specially the dumb stuff which is very easy to take from the movie (as it's been done in many fan cuts) and including some of the deleted scenes, maybe my opinion would change.

Both the things I like and dislike in both are very different from one another, so they almost balance each other out. But as a movie, Covenant is more solid.

sirgiodecaramelot

The best Alien Prequel is Dark Star. No doubt.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed