Predator 4K Releases and new Steelbooks

Started by RidgeTop, May 22, 2018, 03:33:46 PM

Author
Predator 4K Releases and new Steelbooks (Read 43,148 times)

Corporal Hicks

Noted. Thanks for the link.

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Old One on May 29, 2018, 11:33:59 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 29, 2018, 08:23:04 AM
Oh, that transfer was nowhere near that bad. There were like 3 or 4 moments where it looks waxy. The rest was crisp.

Have to disagree with you there chief, it was abysmal.

Good news is that this new version is a 4K mastering from the original negative, meaning it will be far and away the best looking version.
Thank Christ.

What are the chances they'll do a regular Blu-ray run of the new transfer? I don't have a 4K player or television, nor the spare cash to upgrade, but I'd sure love to finally upgrade my 'Predator' DVD.

The Old One

The Old One

Bram Stoker's Dracula and The Fifth Element both came with 1080p versions of the 4K disc on Blu-ray in their new releases.

However with Fox it's hard to guess;
Neither Prometheus or it's sequel were true 4K releases, Prometheus was packaged with the same blu-ray disc we've been getting since 2012, Covenant's Blu-ray was notably inferior to the 4K, not just by virtue of it being lower detail but also the colour timing was different.

It's a bit of a draw of straws when it comes to Fox if I'm honest, they might just package the UHE with the 4K disc and call it a day, or we could finally get a worthy standard Blu-ray that's simply the compressed 4K. At this time we don't know.

Steek around

Steek around

After watching my Predator 3D bluray, i couldnt watch it any other way.   Im a rarity that likes 3D lol.   130" projector display also helps with that  ;)

ELDERCLANLEADER

Yeah I watched predator 3D with virtual reality goggles , and I have to be honest , I sincerely enjoyed it, especially the scene where the predator comes out of the water in all his glory after Dutch , totally badass in my opinion , also you get the full perspective on your how huge Kevin peter hall really was ... wow! 😲

Corporal Hicks

https://www.filmarena-eng.com/blu-ray-predator-4k-ultra-hd

QuoteThis edition contains 2 discs, the first one is a 4K UHD movie, and on the second disc you'll find 3D and 2D versions in Full HD resolution.

Johnny Handsome

I gotta say, i'm really liking that cover.

It's the original Predator on a cover for the original movie... never thought i would see that.

RidgeTop

Noticed that plus some other new artwork for the sequels on the Fox site.

The Old One

The Old One

Those are pretty, the steelbook's all the more disappointing. Hopefully the Trilogy steelbook will update it's artwork too.

Lol, poor dog handler Predator isn't included.

Wysps

redalert51

The Steel book packageing , they scratch so easily and paper ( cardboard ) tear as well , I hope for the " Alien series blu-ray Box set packageing, but. having said that ,, I am looking forward for the "4K UHD( HDR) ...

Wweyland

Time to get a 4K TV.

Wweyland

Might be a better idea to wait for the 4 movie set that will appear in like 6 months.

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed