The predator shoots his single blade just like Berserker in Predators

Started by frasermaxx, May 13, 2018, 02:59:07 PM

Author
The predator shoots his single blade just like Berserker in Predators (Read 4,188 times)

frasermaxx

The predator in the trailer shoots his blade the same way Berserker did in Predators. There is also a similar one in AVP where Scar shoots his blades at the Alien queen. I guess Shane Black is acknowledging all previous Predator movies and weaponry. I hope he will also acknowledge the sounds and music of previous films especially the first 2.

I just hope also in future predator movies some one comes up with the idea of Predator taking on big game like lions, tigers or bears we never got to see that on film.

BigDaddyJohn

I think Black probably thought it was a cool weapon, and i think so too. Funny how they bring back weapons (the shuriken and the single shooting-wristblade) from previous movies i didn't like, even though those particular weapons i liked !

Also, always wondered if the predator shoots his single wristblade, can he put it back after that ? Or maybe he has another one in store ? If he can't get it back and has no other weapon he better be not shooting it  :laugh:

ace3g

I always thought the double wrist blade was a cleaner look.  Also don't like that it is now the length of a sword when fully extended.  The wrist blades in my opinion should be more like a knife or bayonet, in terms of functionality/length.  I don't mind the shuriken but wish they would bring back the smart disc from Predator 2.

OpenMaw

I wouldn't see why he couldn't reload the blade after firing it.

Quote from: ace3g on May 13, 2018, 03:38:47 PM
I always thought the double wrist blade was a cleaner look.  Also don't like that it is now the length of a sword when fully extended.  The wrist blades in my opinion should be more like a knife or bayonet, in terms of functionality/length.  I don't mind the shuriken but wish they would bring back the smart disc from Predator 2.

Yeah, they're basically akin to a punching dagger. I'm totally for seeing Predators employ other weapons and new ones, like battle axes or new kinds of snares/traps.

bleau

QuoteI guess Shane Black is acknowledging all previous Predator movies and weaponry

Looks that way, I guess.

QuoteI just hope also in future predator movies some one comes up with the idea of Predator taking on big game like lions, tigers or bears
Not me. No sport in that. Unless he runs after it and kills it bear handed.  ;D

huntin8-t0n

I hope in the end we will see both.

Like it would have been nice in predators, if their weaponry (aside from falconer) would have been different.

They are different individuals, I guess.

Personally, I like the classic type double wrist blades better, they seem to be more brutal and practical.

Huggs

Maybe we'll see Billy's knife on one of em. There's one heck of an Easter egg.  ;)

funk_master_chunk

Quote from: ace3g on May 13, 2018, 03:38:47 PM

Agree RE: the double wrist blade.

It was much better when it was 2 'short' blades and used in close quarters. Though, IIRC, in P1 when the Pres pins Dutch's head to the log, I'm sure they extend well beyond their normal reach.

Not a fan of the shuriken at all, though. The smart disc was/is a million times better.

black

black

I never thought that I would say this, but now all the hope for the design of "upgrade" !!! Three of the same predators we already have. Even I will not talk about interspersing designs from predators and avp ... I hoped that I would never see it again .. The interior of the ship ... this is not what I expected after the Predator 2. It's a pity that the film wants to please everyone except the fans of the first two films.It wasn't necessary to include the avp in the canon !!! They make such a mess from the universe.

Xan21

I agree the whole approach seems to be very standard sci fi... and I always viewed the predator as a more realistic tribal alien. Now they are just fighting machines basically. The predator 2 ship felt way more organic on the inside. Those weird mysterious standing coffins or whatever they were... the hyroglyphs with the warm lights and the mist... they couldn't elaborate on that?

black

Quote from: Xan21 on May 13, 2018, 10:37:57 PM
I agree the whole approach seems to be very standard sci fi... and I always viewed the predator as a more realistic tribal alien. Now they are just fighting machines basically. The predator 2 ship felt way more organic on the inside. Those weird mysterious standing coffins or whatever they were... the hyroglyphs with the warm lights and the mist... they couldn't elaborate on that?
I'll venture to assume that in Black's opinion they are just outcasts and conservatives! I'm talking about predators from Predator 2.

BigDaddyJohn

How can anyone say that this movie is establishing that AVP is canon ? Absolute nonsense...

Huggs

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 13, 2018, 11:23:08 PM
How can anyone say that this movie is establishing that AVP is canon ? Absolute nonsense...

This movie looks like it's more about fun than any serious take on the predator that respects any kind of lore. I don't see why including the avp movies would be a big deal. Heck, it looks like one already.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Huggs on May 13, 2018, 11:27:50 PM

This movie looks like it's more about fun than any serious take on the predator that respects any kind of lore. I don't see why including the avp movies would be a big deal. Heck, it looks like one already.

Because there are Xenomorphs in those movies, and it simply isn't possible considering this already contradicted the Alien movies lore, and was then ignored. I get what you're saying about the more fun vibe though.

black

Shurikens and that's it.One to one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed