What would be a proper title for the third (and maybe last) prequel?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, May 12, 2018, 11:12:20 PM

Author
What would be a proper title for the third (and maybe last) prequel? (Read 12,303 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 15, 2018, 12:14:37 PM
I wonder what would happen if they called the next ship the Enterprise...

With a Z and I'll love it.

Local Trouble

I'd expect something both religious and pretentious like "Communion."

Scorpio

How about "Aliens on a Spaceship"

whiterabbit

Alien: Knocking on heavens door

Berend

How about Alien: Revenge of the Sith?

Maybe the Engineers were Sith all along

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 17, 2018, 08:43:04 AM

Alien: The End Days Are Here Because Ancient Aliens Are Real And I Am Not Descended From Brown People So The Bible Tells Me So

Baron Von Marlon

Hades

-In old Greek mythology: god of the underworld
There a story about Hades abducting someone's wife (Persephone). Hermes tries to rescue her but she ends up eternally tied to the Underworld.
Hermes was viewed as the protector and patron of roads and travelers.

-In Christianity: Hades, according to various Christian denominations, is "the place or state of departed spirits".

tleilaxu

Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 17, 2018, 12:05:17 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on May 17, 2018, 08:43:04 AM

Alien: The End Days Are Here Because Ancient Aliens Are Real And I Am Not Descended From Brown People So The Bible Tells Me So
I resent ancient aliens as much as the next person (even though I was surprised by how well it worked in Prometheus), but let's not try to insinuate racism where there is none.

Huggs

Well if it's leading into the original film, and our first encounter with the original creature, or at least the creature responsible for all the eggs and the happenings on lv-426, then why not

"The Alien"

Unless they go with something like Alien: Inception. Just "Alien" has already been done. The predator is doing the same thing now anyway. If terminator had not done genisys, then we might have Alien: Genisis. I wouldn't rule out Exodus though. Especially given the current situations of the engineers and colonists.

acrediblesource

The next one willl have to last 6 or seven years since Ridley is going to have to take it easy. so calling it "The Alien" would be sensible and  would probably have to take the big cake and reboot the damn thing into a whole new direction.

Thankfully this franchise had done terrible at the box office, made a lot of fans grunt, but all the while has held up as fairly entertaining, thought provoking, and have kept fans wanting more only if to make the franchise better.

whiterabbit

The thing about the prequel names is that they barely make any sense outside of being the name of the ship. What does the name Covenant even have to do with the movie aside from it is the name of the boat. It's the same with Prometheus. We all try to find a deeper meaning to it but there isn't any outside of it being the name of the boat.

So logically the next movie should be called Alien: S.S. Minnow.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Huggs on May 17, 2018, 10:45:48 PM
Well if it's leading into the original film, and our first encounter with the original creature, or at least the creature responsible for all the eggs and the happenings on lv-426, then why not

"The Alien"

Unless they go with something like Alien: Inception. Just "Alien" has already been done. The predator is doing the same thing now anyway. If terminator had not done genisys, then we might have Alien: Genisis. I wouldn't rule out Exodus though. Especially given the current situations of the engineers and colonists.

But then people would expect the movie to be about the xeno, when it's probably going to more about David.

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 17, 2018, 11:45:04 PM
The thing about the prequel names is that they barely make any sense outside of being the name of the ship. What does the name Covenant even have to do with the movie aside from it is the name of the boat. It's the same with Prometheus. We all try to find a deeper meaning to it but there isn't any outside of it being the name of the boat.

So logically the next movie should be called Alien: S.S. Minnow.

They were planning on getting/taking/stealing something of those who they considered to be gods.

"The Titan Prometheus wanted to give mankind equal footing with the gods... And for that, he was cast from Olympus. Well, my friends, the time has finally come for his return." -Peter Weyland in Prometheus

As for Covenant.
Covenant -> Ark Of The Covenant -> The Covenant is an ark.

Scorpio

What does the name Covenant even have to do with the movie aside from it is the name of the boat.

It has a lot to do with the movie, actually.  A covenant is basically a deal with God.

But the Covenant broke the deal by altering their course, and were thus punished.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Scorpio on May 18, 2018, 01:44:47 AM
What does the name Covenant even have to do with the movie aside from it is the name of the boat.

It has a lot to do with the movie, actually.  A covenant is basically a deal with God.

But the Covenant broke the deal by altering their course, and were thus punished.

That too.

SM

Covenant 2 - Synthetic Boogaloo

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed