What would be a proper ending for David?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, May 06, 2018, 11:17:49 PM

What would be a proper ending for David?

1. David creates the biomechanical Alien, and then it is destroyed by his creation.
7 (12.5%)
2. David creates the Queen, and then it is destroyed by his creation
0 (0%)
3. David is destroyed by the Engineers.
5 (8.9%)
4. David is destroyed by the Space Jockey of LV-426.
1 (1.8%)
5. Somehow, David becomes the Space Jockey of LV-426.
2 (3.6%)
6. After discovering that he was recreating an imperfect version of the Alien created by the Engineers, David commits suicide.
5 (8.9%)
7. David has his own "Tears in rain" monologue, and then he dies.
0 (0%)
8. David is killed by Walter.
1 (1.8%)
9. Beheaded and burned with a flamethrower by Daniels.
0 (0%)
10. David is killed by Tennesse.
0 (0%)
11. David is killed by Covenant's computer "Mother".
0 (0%)
12. Somehow, David's consciousness is transferred to Ash.
2 (3.6%)
13. David transfers his consciousness to Jonesy (see Altered Carbon).
0 (0%)
14. He performs his own version of hell (like Satan) on Origae-6 and plans to travel to Mankind's Eden on Earth to release the chaos and corrupt the God's creation.
5 (8.9%)
15. After meeting the creator of the Black Goo, David was transformed into a fetus, and became a Star Child.
1 (1.8%)
16. After becoming a Starchild, David is able to manipulate space-time and ends up creating the Engineers and triggering a cosmic paradox.
1 (1.8%)
17. David is killed in a motorcycle accident like his hero  T. E. Lawrence.
3 (5.4%)
 18. He ends up like the titan Prometheus, tortured for eternity.
6 (10.7%)
19. David survives and has a key role in a sequel set in the distant future of the timeline, post Alien Resurrection.
3 (5.4%)
20. Similar to the previous option, but with David meeting Ripley / Ripley 8.
1 (1.8%)
21. David is hunted by a Predator, and his head ends in a Yautja trophy room.
1 (1.8%)
22. In a final battle on LV-426, David infects the Engineer flying the Derelict - and the Derelict lands on David.
1 (1.8%)
23. David's journey ends in an LV-223 infested by Deacons.
0 (0%)
24. An unknown or ambiguous fate.
2 (3.6%)
25. David dies trying to achieve the ideal of the Ubermensch through his Perfect Organism.
1 (1.8%)
26. A facehugger can successfully impregnate David, after the android becomes a real boy (probably an Engineer thing).
0 (0%)
27. David got infected by a new kind of morph, which can use a robot as a host.
0 (0%)
28. David finds the most complex experimental facility ever built by the Engineers (the source of the AI that we nicknamed black goo) and he transfers his robotic consciousness to the alien machine creating the original Space Jockey in the process.
1 (1.8%)
29. Similar to the previous option, but with David being turned into the sacrificial Engineer from the beginning of Prometheus.
0 (0%)
30. While David is creating his army of Xenomorphs in Origae-6 (using the Covenant's colonists as guinea pigs in his experiments and as hosts for his deadly creations), the synthetic android is eventually confronted by the Engineers in an epic battle.
2 (3.6%)
31. David dies but discovers that Black Goo is like dinosaur DNA preserved in amber: the genetic material of a long gone lost world inhabited by the morphs (or xeno-like-beings) or even by the true Space Jockeys (the Engineers were charlatans, after all).
0 (0%)
32. Everyone is a robot, except David. And in an unexpected twist, it is revealed that the whole setting of the prequels it is, in fact, one of the Westworld's theme parks.
2 (3.6%)
33. Before his death, it is revealed that David is an Assassin fighting against the Order of Knights Templar (Weyland Yutani) and the Engineers are in fact "those who came before". Ie, David's trilogy is actually a crossover.
0 (0%)
34. David becomes a sacred idol for the Engineers in the form of a giant monolithic head.
1 (1.8%)
35. David is going to achieve, until a certain point, the Weyland's goal: immortality by transferring his robotic consciousness to MU-TH-UR 6000 and maybe other machines such as Ash. Ie, a parasite just like his creation.
1 (1.8%)
36. The same as above but with living human host (like Carter Burke for example), and in a post-credit scene it is revealed that Robert Morse is David.
0 (0%)
37. He wakes up and realize it was all just a dream, everything from Prometheus and Covenant.
0 (0%)
38. As the above option, but the dream is Alien: Covenant ... since David has been in a coma for 10 years on LV-223 after being beheaded by the Engineer. For more understanding read the Reply # 90.
0 (0%)
39. He needs the Lambert treatment.
0 (0%)
40. David creating the ultimate Mother Queen that becomes god to engineers while David fall into eternal dreaming state
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author
What would be a proper ending for David? (Read 22,953 times)

Highland

David's the only link in the chain. He needs to be in the next movie or the next movie needs to be a reboot that's nothing to do with this line. I don't see another option.

It's highly doubtful he was kind to Shaw since he treats Daniels like a pile of shit, twice. More likely he got bored or she got killed in the bombing.

OpenMaw

Quote from: SM on May 07, 2018, 02:12:05 AM
You would need more than someone stumbling across a dead robot and wondering what happened to it.  It would need greater context in whatever story they're telling.

No more than we needed an explanation for the remains in Alien.

Quote from: Highland on May 07, 2018, 02:23:54 AM
David's the only link in the chain. He needs to be in the next movie or the next movie needs to be a reboot that's nothing to do with this line. I don't see another option.

It's highly doubtful he was kind to Shaw since he treats Daniels like a pile of shit, twice. More likely he got bored or she got killed in the bombing.

Makes me really sad, because I honestly think David could have benefitted from the dimensions of the Shaw relationship, and he had not been reduced to a butchering pyschopath. At least, not in totality. If Shaw had been an accident or something.

tleilaxu

The only fitting end is if he is destroyed by his own creation, repeating the "doesn't everybody want their parents dead?" thing again.

SM

QuoteNo more than we needed an explanation for the remains in Alien.

That's part of the context of the story though as it foreshadows Kane's fate.

Scorpio

It's highly doubtful he was kind to Shaw since he treats Daniels like a pile of shit, twice.

She pointed a gun at his face, though.

Vermillion

Getting fingered

OpenMaw

Quote from: SM on May 07, 2018, 02:29:41 AM
QuoteNo more than we needed an explanation for the remains in Alien.

That's part of the context of the story though as it foreshadows Kane's fate.

Well sure, but that could be the repeated theme of the next Alien movie. Distress call, rescue team, find a dead android mangled to pieces.

Highland

Quote from: Scorpio on May 07, 2018, 02:29:51 AM

It's highly doubtful he was kind to Shaw since he treats Daniels like a pile of shit, twice.

Because she had rumbled his plan.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Vermillion on May 07, 2018, 02:42:54 AM
Getting fingered

Slow night eh?   ;)

I know, I know.

..............Just don't let David do it!   :D

Quote from: Highland on May 07, 2018, 03:01:11 AM
Quote from: Scorpio on May 07, 2018, 02:29:51 AM

Because she had rumbled his plan.

Daniels was not, and could never be Shaw to David. I doubt he would care even before he went insane. That he composed a song for Shaw, and made her a headstone in the garden, is telling. Surely he couldn't have ever expected any others to find him or his paradise. Why bother doing any of that if he didn't give a hoot? If feels like that whole situation was trying to play out 2 different ways at once.

The Cruentus

I chose motorcycle accident because that would be hilarious.

My serious choice would have been David killed by Engineers.

Scorpio

Quote from: Huggs on May 07, 2018, 03:10:57 AM

Daniels was not, and could never be Shaw to David. I doubt he would care even before he went insane. That he composed a song for Shaw, and made her a headstone in the garden, is telling. Surely he couldn't have ever expected any others to find him or his paradise. Why bother doing any of that if he didn't give a hoot? If feels like that whole situation was trying to play out 2 different ways at once.

Yeah David loved Shaw, he couldn't care less about Daniels.

Whether Walter loved Daniels is debatable.

SM

QuoteDaniels was not, and could never be Shaw to David.

He was going to give it a fair old crack though.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SM on May 07, 2018, 03:28:55 AM
QuoteDaniels was not, and could never be Shaw to David.

He was going to give it a fair old crack though.

Oh God. I was tryin' to drink man!  :D

Quote from: Scorpio on May 07, 2018, 03:27:22 AM
Quote from: Huggs on May 07, 2018, 03:10:57 AM

Yeah David loved Shaw, he couldn't care less about Daniels.

Whether Walter loved Daniels is debatable.

You heard Walter, it was "doody", pure and simple. Or maybe that was an insult directed at David, I don't know.

Baron Von Marlon

His fate:
I hope he somehow escapes the planet intact. Perhaps in an escape pod from the Derelict after infecting the pilot.
Drifting off into deep space. Trapped with his thoughts, slowly going mad.
Until his pod crashes on some other planet. Cue David spin-off movie.

His relationship with Shaw:
David was gonna kill and cut up Daniels. The same thing he did to Shaw.
He used her and killed her when she was done being useful alive.
Yeah, he could keep her alive for a certain amount of time during and after removing parts. But sooner or later that person dies as consequence of those operations. I think that would counts as killing.

Ridley Scott said in an interview that David hates humans and the Engineers (=humanoids).
Shaw was a human.

OpenMaw

I think everybody get's why David killed Shaw.

I get it, I just don't like it. The character could have been so much more.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed