The Stowaway(s) Alien 3

Started by TheGreatSpoondini, Apr 27, 2018, 11:01:59 AM

Author
The Stowaway(s) Alien 3 (Read 7,589 times)

SM

SM

It was intentionally added to the theatrical cut.

The photo above is shopped.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Cameron added it in to make a sequel an easy as pie job that they screwed up but still that giant facehugger with an egg on top would have worked. Well almost anything could have worked outside of an upside down egg.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: TheGreatSpoondini on May 09, 2018, 01:39:28 PM
So getting back on task here ahahahah
anyone want to acknowledge the sounds you hear at the end of Aliens (the facehugger running noise) and maybe associate it with the attached photo? Could it make sense? Royal facehugger like we see in the directors cut?

What noise is this? I've never noticed it. Is it during the fade, or before they go in cryo?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Right after the credits end.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: SM on May 09, 2018, 08:31:03 PM

Yep i was misremembering, but at least i knew it was intentional  ;D

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: SM on May 09, 2018, 08:31:03 PM

Are you shitting me? I swear I remember reading that was a mistake.

Learn something new every day... Jeeze.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Did we ever figure out when? For VHS release? Or DVD?

SM

SM

I didn't stay for the whole credits in 1986, but I'm pretty sure it was there all along.

Kailem

Kailem

It was with them all the way. ;)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Yea all the way from home base E-arth.

markweatherill

markweatherill

You mean you people haven't seen the extra special edition of Aliens with the post-credits scene that clears up this little mystery once and for all? I think it was in one of the more obscure box sets...

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I've got copies of Aliens from god knows where that I have never bothered to open but I think the debate is on whether or not the facehugger sounds was added to the theatrical run of the movie and I have no idea. Staying for post credit scenes didn't really become a thing until lethal weapon 3. I think Ferris Bueller did it first but it didn't catch on until "I'm too old for this shit" in lethal weapon 3.

Wweyland

Wweyland

I have a VHS of the theatrical cut from 1999 (recorded from an Estonian TV channel) and the sound is there. It was back in the day when TV stations showed all the credits of the movie, now they skip to commercial at the first second of the credits and that's a wrap.

Shaun

Shaun

2 theories here

- There was 1 egg on board, with the Facehugger able to implant 2 embryos

This makes the most sense, a facehugger for Ripley and one for the Ox.
My issue with this, is why did the Ox's Alien come out long before Ripleys. Does a Queen embryo (which we know because of Resurrection) take longer?

- There were 2 eggs on board, one for the hugger  for Ripley and one for the Ox.

Either way, we can debate how the egg(s) got on board in the first place (and that's the biggest issue) until the cows came home. Was it Bishop or did the Queen stow one away, if so, when?

I could both things, I could believe they were 2 eggs but we only saw one or that there was a 'Queen hugger' if you will. My issue is how it got there in the first place and why there was such a delay between the Ox and Ripleys chest burst. The Runner had time to pretty much wipe out the population of Fury 161

SM

SM

QuoteDoes a Queen embryo (which we know because of Resurrection) take longer?

Yes.  We know it's a Queen from Alien 3.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed