William Gibson's Alien 3

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 (Read 150,686 times)

Monster Man

Monster Man

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 10, 2019, 08:29:26 AM
I assume because they didn't want crazy, they wanted all around better. The second draft still had issues that warranted another polish, but it was a better script.

Ultimately it was their decision and that second draft was a more palatable experience, nothing much can be done about it now. Just can't get the what if's outta my mind.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 10, 2019, 11:40:31 AM
Finally received the last issue. The art really took a dive in this one, the aliens looked very cartoon like.

Overall it was okay, i was expecting something different when this was announced though. I don't think the visuals jived well with the story.

I agree with you on the visuals, hell I couldn't help but chuckle at this bit right here --
Spoiler
[close]

Huggs

Huggs

Wow that...looks like something from ferngully.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Did this sell well? I hope it did, so that Fox and other studios see an incentive for adapting discarded scripts. WB/DC has a mother load they're sitting on and could make strong comics out of.

Arceon

Arceon

Hi, longtime lurker here. Thought I'd make a contribution. I enjoyed the comic series overall. If they do adapt the other unused Alien 3 scripts, I wonder if they might make them continuations rather than separate adaptations. Vincent Ward's script could follow on from Gibson's, with some amendments that leave out the references to the Sulaco and Newt.  As Ripley was unconscious for most of the events of Gibson's script, she'd have no recollection of her time on Anchorpoint Station. So on Arceon, she'd thinks that she's come directly from the Sulaco rather than Anchorpoint. Any thoughts on this?

Stitch

Stitch

I'm disappointed that Forbidden Planet haven't shipped my copy of issue 5 yet  >:(

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Arceon on Apr 12, 2019, 10:09:21 AM
Hi, longtime lurker here. Thought I'd make a contribution. I enjoyed the comic series overall. If they do adapt the other unused Alien 3 scripts, I wonder if they might make them continuations rather than separate adaptations. Vincent Ward's script could follow on from Gibson's, with some amendments that leave out the references to the Sulaco and Newt.  As Ripley was unconscious for most of the events of Gibson's script, she'd have no recollection of her time on Anchorpoint Station. So on Arceon, she'd thinks that she's come directly from the Sulaco rather than Anchorpoint. Any thoughts on this?

That could actually work

Corporal Hicks

Prez

Prez

Home time commute listening sorted!

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 03, 2019, 05:40:17 AM
Our interview with Johnnie is now up :)

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2019/05/03/visualizing-the-unknown-interview-with-johnnie-christmas-avp-galaxy-podcast-87/

Great interview! I can't help but wonder what the comic would look like if he had done the colors though.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

My written review is up now: https://www.avpgalaxy.net/literature/reviews/william-gibsons-alien-3/

Podcast episode will be up Monday morning (GMT).

Darkness

Darkness

This sort of confused me. I thought it was a review of the script. Didn't you do that already? Or did a podcast about it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

We did a podcast breakdown of the first draft. This is a review of the comic adaptation of the second draft.

Corporal Hicks

El Pistolero

El Pistolero

This is cool, I was so looking forward what you guys thoughts are on that series. I have to say, it was nice to read a story where Newt and Hicks have survived but in result I think that wouldn't have been a better movie then Alien3. A lot of that stuff didn't worked out for me.
But this is also just a first draft sript by one guy. In hollywood there are usually up to 20 people involved with rewrites and polishing of dialogues. Maye the finished film would have been much different from this script. But I'm complete ok with that movie we got. It is a very terrifying film that makes you feel uncomfortable and it did a finish line for that trilogy.

LtJesseRipley

LtJesseRipley

Great Podcast Guys!  :) I loved the Comic and keen for the audio book!
but at the end of the day so happy with the film we got. I know I say it on the regular but I love ALIENĀ³.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed