William Gibson's Alien 3

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 (Read 150,854 times)

Kane's other son

On an unrelated note, I like how this ties in with Alien Covenant, with the Alien turning back from David's perfect organism to the Engineers' virus and the neomorph spores.
It's pretty obvious that Covenant was inspired by ideas presented here. It's like Covenant was a prequel to this story.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Definitely, its a part of the story that I always thought was pretty cool and interesting. I like how it actually fits with AC too, cant wait to see the change.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It definitely meshes well with the prequels, but I like it despite that fact, not because of it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I wonder if Riddles nicked the shower scene from this. :laugh:

I'm still enjoying it as of issue three, but I maintain that the panel layouts are often far too cramped.

Spoiler
The reveal of the xeno in the cooling unit is pretty sweet, but it's crammed into a tiny panel in the bottom corner. Did Dark Horse go cheap on the page count?
[close]

Also, there are multiple ads for a Fight Club 3 comic in the back. What the f**k?!? That's a real thing? :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 12, 2019, 05:08:38 AM
Also, there are multiple ads for a Fight Club 3 comic in the back. What the f**k?!? That's a real thing? :laugh:

If that's true, they've violated the first two rules of...the thing we don't speak of.

The Old One

The Old One

Yes it's a real thing, and it's f**king excellent apparently.

Russ840

Russ840

Apparently Fight Club 2 was Also very good.

Xenomrph

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Pre-ordered.  I usually wait for the TPB's.  Guess I won't be checking this out until August.

Local Trouble

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Sure ;D

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

One definite upside to the comic is that I can now read Gibson's second draft without having to deal with that ugly, eye searing font he used for it.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I can't help but expect the hybrid to end up looking just like the neomorph, if only to emphasize the conceptual similarities with the prequels.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Judging by the cover art for the next issue, I think they are going to be more like regular aliens.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

We'll see.  Quite frankly, I think they can do better than the neomorph.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed