William Gibson's Alien 3

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 (Read 154,653 times)

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

YES ^

Perfect-Organism

There is a veritable gold mine of material to be explored if alternative scripts are being explored and even more if completely alternate reality stories are permitted.

Russ840

Russ840

I'd wet myself at a series based on Blomkamp's film, as well.

The Old One

The Old One

Could you not?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jul 13, 2018, 08:03:28 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 13, 2018, 03:08:46 AM
You know, the original Dark Horse series by Mark Verheiden could very easily be adapted as a sequel to this comic...

Does it follow Gibsons plot then?

No, but it doesn't necessarily conflict with it either.  The original series could easily be modified to accommodate "the Anchorpoint incident" without a major rewrite of the adventures of Hix & Noot.

Quote from: Wweyland on Jul 13, 2018, 04:25:15 PM
Was the "Puta Madre" quote in the script? That is not Russian, hehe. But maybe the UPP was not specifically Russian.

They were a commando squad consisting of Russian, Vietnamese and Cuban commies.  Supposedly, the UPP is a global bloc of anti-corporatist nations (a concept which could still work in the future of the Alienverse, IMO).

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: Russ840 on Jul 13, 2018, 06:23:04 PM

Yup, new underwear would be required for me too...

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Rankles75 on Jul 13, 2018, 07:03:31 PM
Quote from: Russ840 on Jul 13, 2018, 06:23:04 PM

Yup, new underwear would be required for me too...

Imagine getting Blomkamp to do the art and writing for the book.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The beauty of this comic is that it could easily dovetail into whatever story Blomkamp wanted to tell as well.  It's perfect for setting up a myriad of sequel possibilities.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 13, 2018, 07:32:54 PM
The beauty of this comic is that it could easily dovetail into whatever story Blomkamp wanted to tell as well.  It's perfect for setting up a myriad of sequel possibilities.
Just a thought: being able to keep them apart. It helps. No rethreads, no rewrites, just a seperate storyline.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I'd like to see Twohy's script adapted, provided they rework the third act into something less underwhelming.

D88M

D88M

REALLY interested in reading this, it would be nice it they do it for the other scripts to see which Alien 3 would have been better.

Perfect-Organism

I'd love to see some alt-Prometheus scripts done this way.  Heck I'd love to see Prometheus done as a comic.

I've also read some alt Alien material.  That may be cool to see adapted into comic form.

Local Trouble

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jul 12, 2018, 06:43:59 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 12, 2018, 06:26:51 PM
It's not unprecedented in real life since the old USSR stole our designs all the time.  I was hoping for a space MiG or something like a Hind though.  :-\

Something like a space hind would have been cool.

That's one of the reasons that the LAAT from the Star Wars prequels was one of the few vehicle designs I actually liked from that era.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 13, 2018, 09:54:29 PM
I'd like to see Twohy's script adapted, provided they rework the third act into something less underwhelming.

The alien fight and everything leading to it was great. I loved twohy's script, especially the first Alien wreaking havoc. You can tell he recycled the prison for Chronicles of Riddick. The alien that was melting through walls would've been wild to see.

Denton Smalls

Denton Smalls

The Cold Forge by Alex White would make a comic that rivals Labyrinth if done right.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed