Ash did not say "Kane's Son", he said "Kane's sum".

Started by Chris Rardin, Apr 26, 2018, 05:11:07 PM

Author
Ash did not say "Kane's Son", he said "Kane's sum". (Read 7,703 times)

OpenMaw

We better get back on topic soon. The moderators mostly come at night, mostly.

EDIT:  HUGGS.... *fist shake* curse your speed.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 27, 2018, 02:50:20 AM
We better get back on topic soon. The moderators mostly come at night, mostly.

EDIT:  HUGGS.... *fist shake* curse your speed.

There, I changed it. :D So to stay on topic, after careful analysis of the audio and visual evidence presented by the film, I'm clearly seeing and hearing the word "son". And both Ripley and Dallas do respond to Ash's remark with looks of astonishment and disapproval.

But, could the word "sum" be used to describe the total mass of kane? I'm trying to remember the size differentiation between the alien and the humans in the original movie. Even if the word were used as a place-holding term for "equal" it did seem that the alien was larger than everyone else, including kane. So it couldn't be used in reference to any factors of size and weight. Now I need to go back and look at some shots to get a sense of scale between the different xenomorphs. I remember the creature from Isolation sounded very heavy. Those footfalls were immense.

whiterabbit

Happy 426 day everybody. We're on a express elevator to hell, going down. Actually wasn't there a debate about that phrase too? :P

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 27, 2018, 02:34:16 AM
Well, this was all very.......constructive. Have we been trolled on Alien day?

This post "sounds" right

Local Trouble

Big Chap is greater than the sum of Kane's mass.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 27, 2018, 08:22:46 AM
Big Chap is greater than the sum of Kane's mass.
But can Big Chap breath in space?

Still Collating...

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 27, 2018, 01:21:04 AM
We're still collating

Somebody call?  :P

But yeah, to me it seems like it's Kane's Son. Said just as a passing remark, sum doesn't make too much sense context wise either.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Still Collating... on Apr 27, 2018, 11:00:14 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Apr 27, 2018, 01:21:04 AM
We're still collating

Somebody call?  :P

But yeah, to me it seems like it's Kane's Son. Said just as a passing remark, sum doesn't make too much sense context wise either.

I forgot to put a question mark on the end of that. It was supposed to be a "we're still wondering about this?" statement.  ;)

Berend

I heard either " Kane's mum "

or " Kane's a bum "

both seem kind of mean and disrespectful to a dead man, but Ash was known to make dark jabs every now and again.

markweatherill

Obviously Ash is saying 'Creation' in an echo of David's line in Covenant (What do you believe in, David?).

Ridley Scott is so darn subtle!

BigDaddyJohn

This was fun to read  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The trolling was sooo obvious on alien day, and many people seemed to fall for it  :laugh:

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 24, 2018, 01:01:32 PM
This was fun to read  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The trolling was sooo obvious on alien day, and many people seemed to fall for it  :laugh:

Maybe it's a side effect after spending so much time biting  Scorpion's bait :P

SiL

A lot of people stopped taking it seriously after about five posts and started taking the piss.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

How are there 5 pages of this?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed