What do you want for the future? Possible Covenant sequel aside.

Started by Baron Von Marlon, Apr 24, 2018, 10:17:35 AM

So what do you want?

A movie with one xenomorph. Something like Alien or Alien 3.
Just give me a movie with multiple xenomorphs.
Xenomorphs are ok. But I also want other variations like neomorphs and deacons.
I want more Engineers, black goo and strange creatures. Xenomorphs and AI optional.
Author
What do you want for the future? Possible Covenant sequel aside. (Read 58,191 times)

Local Trouble

Hell, I think Prometheus would have worked better as a sequel to Alien 3 (or even AR) than a prequel to the entire series.

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 03, 2019, 01:33:16 AM
Hell, I think Prometheus would have worked better as a sequel to Alien 3 (or even AR) than a prequel to the entire series.

Someone going to post-Ripley fury 161 or lv426 would be wild. Areas long abandoned by the company, now scavenged.

"Something has been found"

Local Trouble

Hell, even if the story was relatively unchanged it could have still worked.  Peter Weyland needn't have been the founder of the company, but rather a descendant of the founder who sought immortality.

No more conflict with AvP either.

The Old One

The Old One

AVP gone = good, but regardless- correct.

Huggs

After that pathetic display he put on in front of the engineer, I don't care what they do with weyland. Write him out, change his history, his hair, make him heir to the crispy cream dynasty. As long as he's not integral to the story anymore.

Name the company after Buck Weyland. A philanthropic country music star.

The Old One

The Old One

Peter Weyland's radical.

Top tier, TED Talk and the Prologue!

Prometheus? The script's garbage,
the Peter Weyland Prometheus version's garbage.
Wow, astonished.

Local Trouble

How about if Peter Weyland wasn't really old, just afflicted with Methuselah Syndrome (as a nod to Blade Runner)?

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 03, 2019, 03:09:01 AM
How about if Peter Weyland wasn't really old, just afflicted with Methuselah Syndrome (as a nod to Blade Runner)?

Then I'd say Vickers grew up pretty damn fast.

Local Trouble

True.  Of course, they didn't have to cast Theron in the role.  They could have gone with someone closer to Weaver's age in the original Alien.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 03, 2019, 03:02:35 AM
After that pathetic display he put on in front of the engineer, I don't care what they do with weyland. Write him out, change his history, his hair, make him heir to the crispy cream dynasty. As long as he's not integral to the story anymore.

Name the company after Buck Weyland. A philanthropic country music star.

Where is the petition for this? I need to sign it.

The Old One

The Old One

Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender, Charlize Theron, Idris Elba, Guy Pearce, Sean Harris, Rafe Spall...

A dream cast, wasted. Ugh.

Huggs

I want a movie that doesn't need a sequel.

The problem is the idea of sequels.

The alien films each stood on their own.

You go into it needing to do sequels, and suddenly you have characters you can't kill, places you can't go, stuff you can't show, ideas you can't explore fully, etc. You have to add just enough and leave everything hanging. That's a bad formula.

David's arc and the introduction of the alien should've been finished in Prometheus. Now it's stuck in limbo, and we've got several hours of "wing it". Scott should've gone all in on Prometheus. The budget and public interest was there.

Pure waste.

Voodoo Magic

Aldo

I want a new claustrophobic space horror movie like ALIEN with a new life form with a different life cycle - but possibly related to the xenomorph.
Don't get me wrong, I must be one of the biggest fans of the first two Alien movies but by now I know the xenomorph as well as my own mother.
I would love to see a new Alien movie and I couldn't wait to watch PROMETHEUS. I thought: 'Now that is really clever. A prequel to Alien, avoiding all the Alcatraz in space and other irrelevant stuff they threw in the sequels. Now we know why the spaceship crashed on LV-426 and what the space jockey was.
Damn, it was a soapy big guy in a suit and in Covenant robot David created the xenomorph which makes 'Alien' not even 'Alien' to begin with.
He does know how to play the flute however.
But that's not really why I was watching the movie.

Then there was the other Alien 5 movie by Neill Bloomkamp which I'm sure would have been great - but James Cameron pushed Alien towards the action/combat movie and although I loved it I am weary the Bloomkamp movie would mean more combat. It's okay but the thing I loved about ALIEN is that you had a group of truckers in space whom had no idea what they encountered, what they were up against and no idea how to defend themselves. And all was as alien as can be.

I don't need really new, original concepts like an angry plant from Mars.
The concept of encountering a malignant alien life form and all hell breaking loose works fine by me. It's just that I have seen the xenomorph: I think it's difficult to have an unsuspecting astronaut bend over a cocoon and get the 1979 scare again. (unless you never saw Alien)

I'm not saying: get rid of the entire thing'. On the contrary: use the same concept but bring in a life form which is a distant cousin of the xenomorph who by default gets out of bed on the wrong side . Something we haven't seen yet, something even more terrifying.
I would be thrilled to see something which life cycle is completely unknown to me - or the crew who encounters this life form.

That would be the new ALIEN type of movie I would love to watch.
Hey, I would be thrilled to see Sigourney Weaver and Michael Biehn in Alien 5. Would LOVE it.
But these projects... by the time those studios green light it, we're already in the Prometheus times...

P-Rock

Quote from: Aldo on Mar 29, 2019, 03:00:37 AM
I want a new claustrophobic space horror movie like ALIEN with a new life form with a different life cycle

LIFE?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed