What do you want for the future? Possible Covenant sequel aside.

Started by Baron Von Marlon, Apr 24, 2018, 10:17:35 AM

So what do you want?

A movie with one xenomorph. Something like Alien or Alien 3.
Just give me a movie with multiple xenomorphs.
Xenomorphs are ok. But I also want other variations like neomorphs and deacons.
I want more Engineers, black goo and strange creatures. Xenomorphs and AI optional.
Author
What do you want for the future? Possible Covenant sequel aside. (Read 57,563 times)

Baron Von Marlon

I picked option 4.
Despites its shortcomings I like the depth and weirdness of the prequels and would love more similar stuff. But better ofcourse.
I imagine stuff like a Apocalypto in space. But at the end a WY spaceship arrives from Earth. The locals worship black goo creatures and/or Engineers. Add strange local wildlife and perhaps a xeno egg that was somehow on the ship. I dunnow.
Always liked a little things involving archaeology like they did in AvP.

Perfect-Organism

Id be Ok with a literał adaptation of The first AVP series.  They would just have to keep the aliens from getting too exposed in the sunlight.  We saw how well the old chap was in Covenant.  They need to mostly come at night.  Mostly.

Baron Von Marlon

Something I'd also love:
David survives and ends up on some planet with human beings who are in the ancient Mayan or Egyptian phase. He'll be like a god to them and will shape the world. Which will involve freaky horror stuff.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 26, 2018, 05:55:46 AM
Id be Ok with a literał adaptation of The first AVP series. 

You mean the comic books? Not that familiar with them. How do they go?

OpenMaw

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Apr 27, 2018, 01:27:19 AM
You mean the comic books? Not that familiar with them. How do they go?

Space farmers have set up shop on a desert planet with two suns that the Predators use for rite of passage and seed with aliens. The predators not knowing the humans are there, and unknowing that their captive queen managed to sneak a queen egg passed their scanners, results in a huge outbreak. The young Predators go rogue and start murdering everyone when their leader get's incapacitated and captured by the humans. The young Preds get into a big brawl with the aliens until they're all basically wiped out and over run.

Some of the ideas were put into AVP 2004. Though they are inferior to to what's in the comic. Machiko and Lexx share some similarities. They both are in positions of leadership, both watch as their cohorts get picked off, both end up caught in between alien and predator, both team up with a Predator, and both receive marks. I think Machiko is a more interesting character though.

I much prefer the first encounter between all three species, as well. Machiko get's caught between the aliens and predator. The young predator in the fight basically pulls out his space-shotgun-grenade-launcher thingy and kills an alien, and then jumps into the fray to fight the aliens, like he's a badass. He immediately get's his shit wrecked by the aliens. The comic makes it clear, too, that it's because he's an inexperienced jackass. Though the face-to-face visual in the 2004 movie is nice, I always preferred the visual language of the comic panel for the first encounter. It's on an incline, with the Predator on high, Machiko climbing up the incline, and the aliens swarming from below.

Highland

Yeah the comic is the perfect story. Too late now though.  Hoping in 15 years time dudes at home are making CGI quality movies on YouTube.

Corporal Hicks

Someone was before the first film came out. It got Foxed. :(

The Cruentus

Someone needs to go to film school/college, make a few independent movies, some studio movies, get a reputation and then, pitch an AVP film to fox. Just watch out for the meddling.  :P

SiL

tleilaxu

The same people who disliked Covenant unironically want another AvP movie, rofl.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Apr 27, 2018, 02:16:27 PM
Working on it  ;D

I thought you were going to give us our wooden planet Alien film.

The Cruentus

Quote from: tleilaxu on Apr 27, 2018, 06:26:07 PM
The same people who disliked Covenant unironically want another AvP movie, rofl.

And? its not like we asking for AVP or AVPR, or indeed anything continued from them, just a reboot. The films were disasters, doesn't mean the concept is.
I am pretty sure some folks still want Alien films after Covenant, Prometheus, Resurrection and Alien 3, not to mention A:CM and pretty much any form of media that was...not quite up to scratch.

Nothing wrong or funny about it at all, one hiccup should not stop someone from hoping for a better presentation.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Evanus on Apr 25, 2018, 02:57:45 AM
Quote from: SM on Apr 25, 2018, 02:16:42 AM
There is no massive prequel hate (at least around here).  Most people are able to make legitimate criticisms without descending into hate. 
Not around here, indeed. But any other place... whew.

I can't decide what to vote for. They all sound fine to me, but right now I just want Ridley to finish his story. And I want it to be epic.

These prequels will be re-evaluated years from now after the series has gotten to another place. We are just never going to have a series of films reach this # of sequels without a chunk of people hating everything except the first 2 films.
That hate is naive but understandable, I guess.. No one can make 7 sequels that line up with what everyone/fans loved in the first. Its a catch 22, any direction is a bad direction by part 7, if youre trying to please everyone.

Years from now, people will be able to see these films more objectively. Though here I find, I agree, people are more discerning than other places.

If you ask me, they need to stay away from the aliens in the prequels, altogether. Actually, I think the solution to the series is to create a REAL prequel to Prometheus, that involves the Engineers landing on Earth 2000 years ago and bringing humans to space with them.

I think they should simultaneously move into the space surrounding Aliens and clean that shit up in a streaming series on Disney's more adult service they plan to launch, and then work in everything else.
Come up with some grand idea for what happens when the Company gets the Aliens and why. Then bring in the Engineers, keep things in a grey area but infuse with mayhem.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Why stay away from the aliens?  As a fan I want to see xenomorphs caving in heads and causing mayhem.  The stuff we got in Covenant is brilliant.  "Great stuff"

Unrealistic expectations may be cause of much of the complaints.

CainsSon

Quote from: Scorpio on May 02, 2018, 02:35:11 AM
Why stay away from the aliens?  As a fan I want to see xenomorphs caving in heads and causing mayhem.  The stuff we got in Covenant is brilliant.  "Great stuff"

Unrealistic expectations may be cause of much of the complaints.

Im not complaining. I actually like Covenant a great deal, apart from the last act being rushed.
I said stay away from the Aliens in the prequels because in sequence I think the reveal of the actual Alien should remain in the film ALIEN, which doesnt work if the audience already knows how the lifecycle works.
Its a moot point anyway by now, I guess. But at least the Alien in COVENANT is somewhat prototypical of the one in ALIEN.

Richman678

I want a television show! 10 episode arc! Whether it's on Netflix or Disney's new platform or HBO.

I want a rated R television story arc.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed