What do you want for the future? Possible Covenant sequel aside.

Started by Baron Von Marlon, Apr 24, 2018, 10:17:35 AM

So what do you want?

A movie with one xenomorph. Something like Alien or Alien 3.
Just give me a movie with multiple xenomorphs.
Xenomorphs are ok. But I also want other variations like neomorphs and deacons.
I want more Engineers, black goo and strange creatures. Xenomorphs and AI optional.
Author
What do you want for the future? Possible Covenant sequel aside. (Read 58,244 times)

0321recon

0321recon

Quote from: necrotard on May 02, 2018, 10:37:59 PM
The part about that video that I'm curious about:
One of them claims to have heard insider info about a "live action Alien" update that was supposedly going to come out on Alien Day, but got delayed...

I wonder if that turned out to be false or if something else is on the way.  It's obviously not an Alien: Awakening announcement, so what else could it be?  Not that I'm putting a lot of stock into it.

Last year before Covenant was released I was listening to another Alien related podcast were someone had an 'insider' telling him that Fox was preparing to shoot something during fall in Sidney, and supposedly conceded with Siggy Weaver being there. They speculated that it was going to be her going to shoot Blomkamp's film. Though, as you see that rumor fell flat. when Covenant came out, they attacked it to no end, and harped on how Fox chose Scott over Blomkamp. So, I'd be careful with these people who have 'insider' info. 

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Richman678 on May 02, 2018, 05:39:38 AM
I want a television show! 10 episode arc! Whether it's on Netflix or Disney's new platform or HBO.

I want a rated R television story arc.

I think with the DISNEY acquisition, the TV series is next to inevitable. I give it 5 years max, but think they should let Ridley finish his prequel trilogy as well, with some general oversight.
They should pay Cameron (Disney is pretty tight with him, at this point) to write the storyline, for a series.

Quote from: necrotard on May 02, 2018, 09:44:53 PM
Hearing Waterson say that just lowered people's hope.

Fox didn't seem to have a problem announcing when Blomkamp's movie was cancelled.  I think Covenant 2 is just postponed indefinitely.

I think, at this point, DISNEY is going to want so say in what comes next. I cant see them giving Scott free-reign altogether. He has met with them over SWORD IN THE STONE and the EXCALIBER series. Id be surprised if that didnt come up.
But I have to admit, I cant see FOX letting SCOTT have free reign, it's not how they work, and SCOTT has gone on the record to say that he doesnt like their model with these new SWars films.
I for one, think that exactly what SCOTTS prequels needed; a third party CREATIVE PRODUCER -someone like Kathleen Kennedy is to STAR WARS now - to guide the creative arc of the next few films, who is NOT also the director.
I have to say it - I cant see SCOTT playing ball with that situation for ALIEN.
Its a snag, me thinks.

Nukiemorph

I agree on Scott needing some oversight.

I love Ridley and I've been defending him since Covenant came out, but the more I think about where the story is going, I really struggle to figure out a way to make the next movie work logically.

Then we have the mural in Prometheus...  It was obviously intended to show the xenomorph lifecycle.  But then he changed his mind at the last minute to say David made the aliens because it was more interesting.  I know many disagree, but I personably agree with him... but it also seems to have created a continuity oversight that fans have to fansplain away.

The more I try to figure out what the next entry will be, the more I worry that Scott might be one of those people who values telling a good indivodual story over making sure it lines up with previous movies.

Maybe I'm not giving him enough credit.  Maybe he has plans for the next film that fix everything... but I bet half of this forum would laugh at that idea.

MU-TH-UR 6000

Quote from: necrotard on May 02, 2018, 10:37:59 PM
The part about that video that I'm curious about:
One of them claims to have heard insider info about a "live action Alien" update that was supposedly going to come out on Alien Day, but got delayed...

I wonder if that turned out to be false or if something else is on the way.  It's obviously not an Alien: Awakening announcement, so what else could it be?  Not that I'm putting a lot of stock into it.

"Insider info", "My sources" usually translates to clickbait-plz-love-me-long-time-while-we-gossip-to-no-end. Always take Youtubers with a grain of salt and you're never gonna be surprised/disappointed.

bb-15

Quote from: CainsSon on May 03, 2018, 06:14:20 AM
I think, at this point, DISNEY is going to want so say in what comes next. I cant see them giving Scott free-reign altogether. He has met with them over SWORD IN THE STONE and the EXCALIBER series. Id be surprised if that didnt come up.
But I have to admit, I cant see FOX letting SCOTT have free reign, it's not how they work, and SCOTT has gone on the record to say that he doesnt like their model with these new SWars films.
I for one, think that exactly what SCOTTS prequels needed; a third party CREATIVE PRODUCER -someone like Kathleen Kennedy is to STAR WARS now - to guide the creative arc of the next few films, who is NOT also the director.
I have to say it - I cant see SCOTT playing ball with that situation for ALIEN.
Its a snag, me thinks.

I don't see this as a Scott problem but an issue with Disney.
Disney has a history of wanting family friendly blockbusters.
Disney had the rights to Lord of the Rings. Too dark they felt and they let it go to Warner Brothers.

Alien is science fiction horror. That genre usually has weak box office and it doesn't do well with kids.
I don't see Disney doing much with this franchise.

Maybe Disney would want to do a sword and sorcery TV series (Sword in the Stone) to compete with Game of Thrones.
But that is not a given. King Arthur: Legend of the Sword was a box office disaster.
Disney wants sure major hits like the MCU, Star Wars and with the Fox merger, Avatar.

;)

SM

Alien isn't aimed at kids.

bb-15

Quote from: SM on May 03, 2018, 10:24:43 AM
Alien isn't aimed at kids.

That's right and this is why in the past Disney hasn't done science fiction horror.
http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Science_fiction_films

;)

SM

Neither does News Corp.  Fox does though.

bb-15

Quote from: SM on May 03, 2018, 08:26:14 PM
Neither does News Corp.  Fox does though.

Yes.
Once Disney gets control of the Fox movie division, we'll see what happens.
In the 90s Miramax was owned by Disney. Miramax tried to do the Lord of the Rings films. Disney said no. Too dark they believed.
We will see what Disney allows the Fox film division to do.

;)

Perfect-Organism

Disney allowed for the Punisher...

Scorpio

Disney would do something like Aliens, AVP and maybe Prometheus.

Alien, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection or Alien Covenant is way too violent, gory and dark for Disney.

Local Trouble

The Cruentus

Quote from: Scorpio on May 05, 2018, 05:06:28 AM
Disney would do something like Aliens, AVP and maybe Prometheus.

Alien, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection or Alien Covenant is way too violent, gory and dark for Disney.

Aliens had its share of gore and violence. Enough so that its for adults, not kids. Prometheus too, Disney would only do AVP.

SM

Disney wouldn't do AvP either.  Fox would.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I don't know why Aliens is perceived as being more tame than Alien.  The mental image of whole families (including young children) suffering through agonizing deaths in the terrifying bowels of the alien nest was as horrifying as it got when I first saw it in theaters as a wee lad.

I think we've become desensitized to it over the decades, but imagine being a parent and forced to watch helplessly as your own child dies crying and screaming in pain as a chestburster erupts from their body and there's not a damn thing you can do about it because you're cocooned just like they are.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed