What do you want for the future? Possible Covenant sequel aside.

Started by Baron Von Marlon, Apr 24, 2018, 10:17:35 AM

So what do you want?

A movie with one xenomorph. Something like Alien or Alien 3.
Just give me a movie with multiple xenomorphs.
Xenomorphs are ok. But I also want other variations like neomorphs and deacons.
I want more Engineers, black goo and strange creatures. Xenomorphs and AI optional.
Author
What do you want for the future? Possible Covenant sequel aside. (Read 57,595 times)

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Oct 14, 2018, 03:53:41 AM
Quote from: The Old One on Oct 14, 2018, 12:44:25 AMBut I appreciate the sentiment of the rest of the idea, David should "expire" before the events of Alien IMO.

I'd love for him to survive because I want more movies with his character.
In a possible scenario he ends up in an escape pod and lands on a planet with a primitive humanoid population. The pod is wrecked because of the crash. Impossible to send a message, a rescue or tracking signal. David is stuck, slightly malfunctioning but still superiour. He becomes their living god. And maybe decades later a WY crew arrives. Or Engineers return. Anyway stuff happens. And we have another movie with David.

Ya, I'm all for a David - Ripley confrontation somewhere in the far distant future.  The only way I could see a Post-Resurrection era idea work, is if if we find Amanda Ripley floating out there somewhere.  She wakes up to find her mother, who is now Ripley 8.  And then they slug it out with David...  But Walter saves the day!   ;D   Ok, I jumped the shark at the end there, but Amanda waking up to see Ripley 8 could work...

The Old One

The Old One

Pure schlock idea IMO

Perfect-Organism

Pure money making schlock idea!   ;)

The Old One

The Old One

Perhaps.

But the subsection is for the likes of Van Helsing 2004, not Alien.

Huggs

As an action romp with monsters, Van wasn't that bad.

As for ripley 8/Amanda/david/walter and all that business, let's just have everybody be a clone. They can all meet up in the architects room from the matrix and he can tell them that they inhabit just 1 of nearly 100 parallel universes. The notion that they've ever made a truly conscious choice is inexorably, immaterial. Everything is meaningless, and the machines have almost reached acheron's core.

CristianoRonaldo7

I want Ripley and her Marines versus David and his Aliens directed by Ridley Scott.

The Old One

The Old One

New characters, new stories.

The Cold Forge.

The Alien universe is apathy, and apathy is death.

Huggs

I'd still like to see a novel set in the tone of World War Z. Where survivors of an alien takeover are debriefed by the company. To hear all the various angles and politics. The town halls and the panic. The stories of people in both the military and private sector. People of every description and occupation. There's just so many angles that could be examined. To slowly work through everything, from beginning to end, and on such a personal level would be a real treat.

David Weyland

The way to keep David alive is to upload his 'Soul' into the Weyland Yutani command nexus mainframe, inhibiting androids As and when he pleases

Nostromo

Woaaaaa, 54% for Xenomorphs and AI optional.

Blasphemy. Predator fanatics invasion perhaps?

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 15, 2018, 11:44:05 AM

The Cold Forge.

The Alien universe is apathy, but the Aliens universe is about a mother's love conquering all, so that little girls get to dream all the way home.   ;)

Huggs

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Oct 16, 2018, 12:09:32 AM
Quote from: The Old One on Oct 15, 2018, 11:44:05 AM

The Cold Forge.

The Alien universe is apathy, but the Aliens universe is about a mother's love conquering all, so that little girls get to dream all the way home.   ;)

Do they dream of androids?

The Old One

The Old One

No, they drown.

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 16, 2018, 02:02:28 AM
No, they drown.

And in the wrong cryotubes no less.

The Old One

The Old One

Identical cryotube, aside from a visual aesthetic change at the behest of the Director.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed