Aliens: The Essential Comics

Started by Russ840, Apr 23, 2018, 09:27:48 PM

Author
Aliens: The Essential Comics (Read 8,439 times)

Russ840

Russ840

https://www.amazon.com/Aliens-Essential-Comics-Mark-Verheiden/dp/1506710034/ref=sr_1_28?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1524518690&sr=1-28&refinements=p_n_feature_nineteen_browse-bin%3A7421492011

Collects the original trilogy in paperback. Releasing in November.

Looks like the same thing is being done for the original predator comics as well.

Corporal Hicks

Feels a little soon to me. Feels like they only just released the fancy pants hardbacks. Unless maybe this is a collected softback of them all? I know the hardbacks got a little hard to find.

Russ840

Russ840

Yeah. It's all 3 original series. It's normal for TPB to be released a while after hardcover  when it comes to comic collected editions.

Whiskeybrewer

So this the original versions together or the Billie/Wilks universe?

Corporal Hicks

Looks to be the Hicks/Newt version.

QuoteIn this first volume is the initial Aliens trilogy--Outbreak, Nightmare Asylum, and Earth War, in which Hicks and Newt--and eventually Ripley--join forces to battle an infestation of Aliens both on Earth and in the wider galaxy (all of these stories were written before the film Alien3 chronicled the deaths of the heroes of Aliens).

Whiskeybrewer

Sweet

Russ840

Corporal Hicks

The cover is nice enough. I do love Bolton's covers for Earth War/Female War.

Whiskeybrewer

Still no love for Countdown by Dark Horse lol

Prez

Prez

Given I own the original Outbreak TPB and recently released fancy pants (TM) hardback of Nightmare Asylum & Earth War, I might given this one a miss though I'm curious when they release volume 2 ...

My biggest criticism of the Ominbus editions was their physical size. I know they crammed a lot into them but they should be big as the artwork deserves to be printed on large format (well in most cases).

SM

SM

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Apr 27, 2018, 10:24:36 AM

Weird that.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: SM on May 07, 2018, 06:34:21 AM

Weird that.

Wasn't there some issue with the quality of the original artwork or something like that? By that I mean the actual physical quality of DB's artwork not the artistic merit (which is undoubted).

SM

SM

No idea.  I've never seen a physical printed copy - only online.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Prez on May 07, 2018, 06:37:48 AM
Quote from: SM on May 07, 2018, 06:34:21 AM

Weird that.

Wasn't there some issue with the quality of the original artwork or something like that? By that I mean the actual physical quality of DB's artwork not the artistic merit (which is undoubted).

I remember reading the second part of Countdown and the artwork seemed fantastic to me printed. from what I remembered anyway

426Buddy

426Buddy

I have part 2, its in an Alien Magazine issue (vol.2#10 i think). The oversized format of the magazine was magical when paired with Den Beauvais' art. I do wish it was in color though.

However i learned the hard way that the first part was actually a seperate mini issue originally sold with issue vol.2#9. I have yet to find a copy of the part one mini comic  :'(

I have emailed DH detailing how disappointed I was that it wasn't included with the Fancy Pants Hardcover. I did get a very nice reply from them though, ill see if I can find and post it.

Edit: found it

Mar 27, 2017

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your interest in Dark Horse Comics!

We appreciate your feedback on what books you'd think we, and our fans, would love to see. Fans like you are the reason we strive to make top-notch books and products! We will forward your suggestion onto our Development team.

Best,

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed