Predator: The Essential Comics

Started by felix, Apr 23, 2018, 12:41:27 PM

Author
Predator: The Essential Comics (Read 3,950 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Jan 08, 2019, 12:46:59 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 08, 2019, 12:11:19 PM
The "core" stories - Concrete Jungle, Cold War, Dark River and the 2 issue adaptation of Predator 2.

This kinda makes me wish that Aliens: Essential Comics included Newt's Tale.

Isn't Newt's Tale widely regarded as terrible
or am I confusing that with something else?

Corporal Hicks

I dislike it but I'm not sure on the general reception. It's quite liked in some Facebook groups.

Frosty Venom

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 08, 2019, 12:55:33 PM
I was hoping it'd also include The Alien short but no. I'm still wondering if we'll get additional volumes.

Yes that too. The true conclusion to Earth War.

The Old One

The Old One

Well, the reason I ask is these are called;
The Essential Comics,
so I don't think they'll be comprehensive.
Although I could be wrong.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Jan 08, 2019, 01:07:19 PM
I was hoping it'd also include The Alien short but no. I'm still wondering if we'll get additional volumes.

Exactly. That gets left off the collections too frequently.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 08, 2019, 01:11:10 PM
Quote from: Frosty Venom on Jan 08, 2019, 01:07:19 PM

Exactly. That gets left off the collections too frequently.

Which is a shame as its a great little story. Although it was seemingly done to rush to the end of that plotline so other comics didnt have to deal with it, if i heard correctly

Corporal Hicks

I don't know the story behind it but yeah, it quickly does away with the whole Space Jockey/Terraforming storyline.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 08, 2019, 02:01:04 PM
I don't know the story behind it but yeah, it quickly does away with the whole Space Jockey/Terraforming storyline.

That as a Mini series would have been great. Then after it could have led into Genocide

Frosty Venom

Apart from the last panel referencing the events of Alien 3, Newt's tale would transition well into Outbreak, in my opinion.

The Predator 2 comic adaptation must come after Dark River in this then right?

Would also be interesting to hear your opinion and reasoning on not liking Newt's Tale @Corporal Hicks

T Dog

T Dog

Working my way through this now.
Really enjoyed Concrete Jungle, hadn't read it since I was a kid, love the art and colouring.

Now Cold War; the story is enjoyable and engaging so far but holy shit did they drop the ball with the art/colouring. I'm guessing the budget was a lot lower and I can see on the credits it had a much fewer people working on it.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: T Dog on Apr 28, 2020, 01:08:50 PM
Working my way through this now.
Really enjoyed Concrete Jungle, hadn't read it since I was a kid, love the art and colouring.

Now Cold War; the story is enjoyable and engaging so far but holy shit did they drop the ball with the art/colouring. I'm guessing the budget was a lot lower and I can see on the credits it had a much fewer people working on it.

Yeah, Cold War can be a little hard on the eyes unfortunately imo.

Hopefully you've read the Predator Hunters series though. That is where it's at, in art AND story!  :)

T Dog

T Dog

No I never read that one!

Voodoo Magic

It's the latest reoccurring Predator comic series at Dark Horse, and never since Predator has debuted in comics has Predator been this consistently good. There's Predator: Hunters I, II, and we were right in the middle of III when this pandemic hit.

Here's collections of series I and II. Chris Warner is writing the hell out of these. Highly recommend!   :)

https://www.amazon.com/Predator-Hunters-Chris-Warner/dp/1506703925

https://www.amazon.com/Predator-Hunters-II-Chris-Warner/dp/1506709389

T Dog

T Dog

Thanks for the recommendation!

Voodoo Magic

Happy to help!  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed