Alien: Offworld Colony Simulator – An Amazon Alexa Interactive Survival Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 19, 2018, 04:10:46 PM

Author
Alien: Offworld Colony Simulator – An Amazon Alexa Interactive Survival Game (Read 10,106 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

QuoteHold your breath and step into the ALIEN Universe for the launch of the interactive survival game - the ALIEN: Offworld Colony Simulator – exclusively available on Amazon Alexa devices and AlienUniverse.com. This first-of-its-kind simulation invites players to experience the intensity and imminent threats of ALIEN individually, or up to three players in collaborative gameplay.

Launching one minute prior to ALIEN DAY at 11:59 PM ET on April 25th, the ALIEN: Offworld Colony Simulator is a turned-based survival game that simulates a Weyland-Yutani Space Colony in security lockdown. Weyland-Yutani is inviting civilians to participate in an open Beta test of "The Offworld Colony Simulator" - an advanced system that simulates security breach scenarios in non-terrestrial colonies. Those that participate in the Open Beta will help teach the system's AI to accurately simulate human behavior in the face of otherworldly dangers.

Utilizing the Amazon Alexa service, players need to collect items, solve puzzles and explore unmarked territories to successfully move throughout the colony, unlock sectors and avoid captuer in a Xenomorph-infested space colony.

Can't wait until 4/26 to begin the festivities? Fans can get a head start with the Weyland-Yutani Career Placement Test - a multi-question aptitude test to determine if applicants have what it takes for a role at the interplanetary Weyland-Yutani organization. Complemented with a sweepstakes, the test launches for fans on April 23 at AlienUniverse.com.

https://twitter.com/AlienAnthology/status/986998357481672706?s=19

https://www.alienuniverse.com/post/offworld-colony-simulator-announcement

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Wow 😳 there's so many alien themed games/rides being announced this week. The xeno is on a role hicks  ;D

VegettoXTSY

VegettoXTSY

So is this supposed to be just a spoken audio game?  The video shows you moving through hallways like old PC RPG's but i'm not sure if that's just promotional material or the game!?  Most Alexa devices don't have a screen!

Mr. Xenomorph

Mr. Xenomorph

So, I should be able to play this on my Kindle Fire, right?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: VegettoXTSY on Apr 19, 2018, 09:05:07 PM
So is this supposed to be just a spoken audio game?  The video shows you moving through hallways like old PC RPG's but i'm not sure if that's just promotional material or the game!?  Most Alexa devices don't have a screen!

From the games I've played on my own Alexa I would imagine it's just going to be spoken. That said - given the video I have to wonder if they're going to do some sort of app companion.

Quote from: Mr. Xenomorph on Apr 19, 2018, 09:05:41 PM

I didn't think anything other than the various Alexa devices supported her? So Echo, Dot, Spot and Show?

Original Predator

Would actually be a cool movie idea.

Xenomrph

Makes me glad I got an Echo Dot for Christmas, haha.

LtJesseRipley

Xiggz456

I always kinda felt that these "listening devices" could be a bit too big brothery for my liking but I may just have to get the Dot for this. God damn it the things I do for more Aliens content haha.

Mr. Xenomorph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 20, 2018, 07:12:28 AM
Quote from: Mr. Xenomorph on Apr 19, 2018, 09:05:41 PM

I didn't think anything other than the various Alexa devices supported her? So Echo, Dot, Spot and Show?

My Kindle Fire has Alexa also. So hopefully I can play it on my Kindle.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Apr 21, 2018, 04:55:50 PM
I always kinda felt that these "listening devices" could be a bit too big brothery for my liking but I may just have to get the Dot for this. God damn it the things I do for more Aliens content haha.
I got a Dot for cheap over the holidays and I've been liking it. I've got it set up to do a morning "routine" when I wake up, where it'll turn on the lamp in my bedroom, tell me the weather and traffic, and rattle off a random fact of the day.

Corporal Hicks

I brought myself a Dot over the holidays too. I got it just so I didn't have to get out of bed to turn the lights off.  :P

XENOMORPHOSIS

Curious how this game will turn out. On an unrelated note, over at Cinema Con the 20th Century Fox panel seems to be set on April 26th.

http://cinemacon.com/schedule#horizontalTab5

Anybody lucky enough to have bought tickets and gone to the event will amoung those who get a first glimpse at THE PREDATOR TEASER, it will subsequently be shown at Cinema sooner or later.

Corporal Hicks

Doesn't seem to be available in the UK yet.  :'(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed