The Weyland-Yutani Debrief - Videos about Alien Lore

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 13, 2018, 07:32:57 AM

Author
The Weyland-Yutani Debrief - Videos about Alien Lore (Read 11,684 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I realize we're very late to the game with Mr_H, Hybrid Network and Alien_Theory doing plenty of these but after resisting having to learn a new skill for so long I finally gave it a go and put together my first Alien lore video!

Hopefully you guys and girls will enjoy. Feedback is appreciated.  :)

Hopefully we'll continue to put these out somewhat regularly and we'll be doing Predator focused things under a separate series and RidgeTop will be starting work on the first episode soon.

SM

Where's the love??

heh...

Decent start.  Will watch more.

I find the writing in Rogue really lacking - both in terms of how the Rogue was created and some clunky and pretentious dialogue.  Purge was much better, as were AvP: Eternal, Pursuit and The Web.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Apr 13, 2018, 07:44:38 AM
Where's the love??
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/aliens/images/0/0f/KingAlienLoose1a.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/180?cb=20130305122402

heh...

Yeah, I realized as I was actually editing the end that I'd forgot the Kenner one.  :-\ Oooops.

QuoteDecent start.  Will watch more.

Thanks.  :)

QuoteI find the writing in Rogue really lacking - both in terms of how the Rogue was created and some clunky and pretentious dialogue.  Purge was much better, as were AvP: Eternal, Pursuit and The Web.

Yeah, it's not my favourite either. I wish they'd have gone into what they actually wanted docile Aliens for. Resurrection has suggestions outside of foot soldiers but neither the comic or novel even ventured towards any explanation. I much prefer Labyrinth myself.

SM

I think they just wanted Aliens they could control and could be ordered around.

Corporal Hicks

They specifically talk about being docile, though. Kleist is excited when the King doesn't attack. I don't know - I just don't feel that aspect was really well thought out. It was just a rush to get to the King vs. Queen battle.

SM

I got the impression that Kleist wanted them docile in terms of them not being always hostile dialled up to 11.  They would still be deadly - but only when they were ordered.

My main issue was that Edgington didn't seem to have the strongest grasp on the material.  The whole creation of the King is very confused.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Apr 13, 2018, 08:14:35 AM
I got the impression that Kleist wanted them docile in terms of them not being always hostile dialled up to 11.  They would still be deadly - but only when they were ordered.

That would have made more sense but wasn't the impression I got.

QuoteMy main issue was that Edgington didn't seem to have the strongest grasp on the material.  The whole creation of the King is very confused.

No arguments from me there. It all seemed like a bit of a mess when it came to the difficulties around the King/docile Queens. That said, we did get that cool spread with the failed Queens which was nice.

SM

I liked the idea of the secret code being written on kidney of ZCT operatives.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, that was a neat touch! I did really like the concept behind selectively breeding the Aliens too. It's something I'm using in one of my side projects too.

SM

You have a part-time job in xenogenetics?

Corporal Hicks

One of the many strings in my bow.  :P Nah, a fan comic project I've been working on occasionally.

SM

Ah, yes.  Side projects.  I know them well by their level of not-finishedness.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I knew it.  Hicks' descent into the mouth of madness has finally begun...

Still Collating...

I wanna see that fan comic!  ;D

On the video, I really liked it, it was well made and very detailed in presentation. Would like to see more.

Darwinsgirl

Having not read the Rogue Series or the novel. I enjoyed it very much. 8)

I can so relate to unfinished side projects. My to "read" pile is growing daily! :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed