The Predator Set Reports

Started by ace3g, Apr 07, 2018, 02:54:30 PM

Author
The Predator Set Reports (Read 47,107 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: brokentusk420 on May 11, 2018, 10:26:38 PM
BigDaddyJohn I do have film making knowledge.

So you know Shane Black is not your average joe when it comes to directing, storytelling, character development ? Stuff you can barely see in the teaser (even though the cinematography looks very good and deserve to be mentioned).

Quote from: Hollywood on May 11, 2018, 10:51:26 PM
Quote from: brokentusk420 on May 11, 2018, 10:26:38 PM
Instead of relying on the strong following and cannon set with the first two movies, they opt to go with the garbage set forth in the AvP and Predators movie.
I disagree. They've got a character related to another character from Predator 2 and an interview of Holbrook today hinted at acknowledging 'Predator' events directly. I dont know what you mean about this following AVP and Predators, because although I haven't read the script it doesn't seem like xenos are referenced and neither is a game preserve planet/Royce.

QuoteThe truth is these movies have been terrible and everyone who says they are is just desperate for anything the throw at us and except it with blind loyalty

I think there's plenty of people who weren't happy with the AVP movies (not accepting everything blindly) who are still looking forward to this film. I'm looking forward to this but I haven't made up my mind whether or not I'll like it or not. I need to see it first, or at the very least, I need to see a full trailer.

Unfortunately some people (not everyone of course) think that because of the shuriken and the single wristblade, this movie will be related to AVP and Predators... I don't  ;D

ace3g

ace3g

[Set Visit] Shane Black and Crew Talk Practical Effects and Predator Dogs in 'The Predator''

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3432561/set-visit-bleeds-can-kill-effects-design-predator/

D88M

D88M

The fact that he is using the Shurikens instead of the Disc weapon tells me everything i need to know, as if IM3 was not enough proof that he has NO idea what is the essence of a character

Huggs

Huggs

I understand where he's coming from, but I'll continue to remain skeptical until the film is released and we see what we've got.

On another note, have there been any early names for the new predator floating around yet? We've got city hunter, jungle hunter, etc. Anybody got any ideas? "burbhunter" maybe?

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: ace3g on May 12, 2018, 12:47:10 AM

[Set Visit] Shane Black and Crew Talk Practical Effects and Predator Dogs in 'The Predator''

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3432561/set-visit-bleeds-can-kill-effects-design-predator/

QuoteI can confirm that despite some rumors of motion capture being used for the Predator, it appears we are getting a good old fashioned man in a suit for our main man.

Rothbart also reiterated the Predators are being kept as live action as possible with only a few shots being designed for VFX.

Outstanding  ;D

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Quote from: ace3g on May 12, 2018, 12:47:10 AM

Interesting read.

Spoiler
Although I find it hard to believe they weren't inspired by PREDATORS with the Hounds/Dogs idea. Also, why does ADI think everything Predator related needs dreadlocks?! The Dogs looked fine in PREDATORS.
[close]

Jenga

Jenga

This is so weird. The Trailer seems so generic and uninspired but I'm absolutely loving this interview with Shane black on JoBlo. His head and his heart totally seem in the right place and it's kind of pulled me out of the funk I felt when the trailer landed. It's so frustrating because I think they absolutely could make several good Predator movies but they have to not go too big and focus on characters and have some fun. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

dallevalle

dallevalle

Quote from: Thedutchpredator on May 11, 2018, 11:50:31 PM
Exactly what I said like a month ago.
If this goes well at the box office we will see a lot more movies and sooner .At the end of the day that's what we all want

a shame that the fan base isent so big with predator movies i bet it will earn it's money back but im sure that will be it.

Hemi

Hemi

Quote from: D88M on May 12, 2018, 02:13:14 AM
The fact that he is using the Shurikens instead of the Disc weapon tells me everything i need to know, as if IM3 was not enough proof that he has NO idea what is the essence of a character

Iron Man 3 was a great movie. And judging a movie because the baddy uses a certain weapon is lame.

dallevalle

dallevalle

Quote from: Hemi on May 12, 2018, 09:43:18 AM

Iron Man 3 was a great movie. And judging a movie because the baddy uses a certain weapon is lame.

well you might have enjoyed iron man 3 but i thought it was a average iron man movie.
id rather watch thor dark world over iron man 3.

azamultic

azamultic

ELDERCLANLEADER I am glad to hear that brother!  ;) We do need some soldiers in our team, because I feel mostly this movie already hated by a large number of fans  ;)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: dallevalle on May 12, 2018, 09:57:34 AM

well you might have enjoyed iron man 3 but i thought it was a average iron man movie.
id rather watch thor dark world over iron man 3.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Azamultic nice one bro ! Yeah I sort of feel like even if Shane gets this film wrong , I can forgive him for at least trying new things and going for a large scope.

This will always be my favourite franchise of all time , I would much rather go into a cinema seeing a brand new take on my favourite hunter and exploring their lore more , than seeing the same worn down formula again and again .

I agree with you azamultic the first film was very much a fluke , it just had the right team on board at the right time. Thing is im more a fan of the creature than the film itself , to me predator 2 is better than predator 1 because I love how it tried to build on the lore. Since predator 2 I haven't had a film that gives me any real deep satisfaction, and I believe The Predator will do exactly that for me. It wants to expand on the lore , it wants a much bigger scope and it's not going to please every predator fan , but to me Shane can be forgiven for trying something fresh. All this negativity is based on what exactly? They have seen a tiny trailer, and most haven't even read the script either , the way we have. So I think people are acting quite sheepish when they are putting this film down , because as it stands it's based on nothing . ;D

D88M

D88M

Is not, it is entertainning and well made on the technical aspects but is not good, the main problem being that has NOTHING to do with anything Iron Man related, is just a random movie that happens to have Iron Man lore names pasted on it. One of the worst mcu movies, up there with Thor Ragnarok, specially in the "unrelated to the comic book" department. It gives me zero faith in regards to what Shane is doing with this movie.

And the weapon is the same dumb one as in both awful AVP movies (and game that also had avp movies stuff in it for some senseless reason) so it just gives me a bad feeling about the movie. That and the awful leaked script of course. That script and the previous movie i saw from the director leads me to believe this movie will be bad, the fact that they use a weapon from two bad movies instead of the classic weapon from a far more superior movie which is actually canon is the cherry on the cake that tells me my bad feelings are justified so far. In fact every new we get related to this movie makes it sound worse and worse, i think i will skip watch it on theaters.

Now, moving on:

"One of the actors says there'll be connections to all the Predator films as well the Aliens vs Predator universe."
"Predator dogs"

WTF, are they serious? Connection to the avp movies? So Shane is gonna turn them into canon? (Not really, the three Alien movies -Resurrection maybe- and two Predator movies are canon and nothing else)

Predator dogs?

This is really sounding like a random movie with Predators in it

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

The original AVP wasn't that bad , it was just a dumb creature feature and I don't think it was ever to be taken seriously, I enjoyed it for what it was , there were things in there that I didn't like sure , but I wouldn't call it a "bad" movie. AVPR however was utterly dreadful I'll give you that.

I think The Predator will be far superior movie than both AVPs and Predators put together. Sure there are things in this new film I'm cautious about , but I'm not automatically going to not like it , before Iv actually seen the final product first.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed