The Predator Set Reports

Started by ace3g, Apr 07, 2018, 02:54:30 PM

Author
The Predator Set Reports (Read 47,112 times)

Hemi

Hemi

Quote from: D88M on May 12, 2018, 01:07:07 PM
Quote from: Hemi on May 12, 2018, 09:43:18 AM
Quote from: D88M on May 12, 2018, 02:13:14 AM
The fact that he is using the Shurikens instead of the Disc weapon tells me everything i need to know, as if IM3 was not enough proof that he has NO idea what is the essence of a character

Iron Man 3 was a great movie. And judging a movie because the baddy uses a certain weapon is lame.

Is not,

We the people disagree with you... (and also the box office numbers for that matter...)

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Iron Man 3 is easily my favourite Marvel movie, and i said that long before Black was even considered writing/directing the next Predator. Part of it's charm is that the Character of Tony Stark is much more grounded in reality, not so much anymore with the newer movies, which is a shame.

And yes, i f**king love the Mandarin twist, what a kick in the nuts that was... in a good way, no one saw that coming and that was something quite special in the world of crowded "going by the numbers" summer tentpoles.

And yes, pretty much everyone i know liked it as well, especially that twist.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Den of Geek's set report was another really re-assuring article! I just love what I'm hearing from everyone involved!

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

I don't know if they were misquoted or what. But, last I checked, neither Gillis or Woodruff worked on the original PREDATOR.

So, that bit in the Den of Geek set visit was misleading.

That and Jane's weird apocalyptic speech aside. I loved hearing from the cast and crew!

I have a good feeling about this film!

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

More agile predators, I like it.

ThePredatorUK

ThePredatorUK

Am I right I'm saying there are 5 Predators and this movie now?

3 classics and 2 new variations?

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

@JungleHunter87, I recall Woodruff being mentioned in The Winston effect book (but I can't check, for I don't have it atm) Anyhow, if you check imdb, he's there in makeup dept.

Really good news, I am more and more optimistic about this. Some of my friends said it has a different vibe, when first watching the trailer (which I found a bit mediocre, but hey)

Yes, it is and maybe after 30 something years, it should be.

azamultic

azamultic

JungleHunter87 the industry of practical effects is very mixed, ADI hired Steve Wang for AVPR who were sculpting the original predator for 1987 movie, so maybe they meant that ADI hired people who worked on the original predator before(because it's no more Stan Winston studio) the creators of original predator are working as freelancers everywhere, and it's a high chance that they worked for this movie too  ;)

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Quote from: huntin8-t0n on May 14, 2018, 05:41:32 PM
@JungleHunter87, I recall Woodruff being mentioned in The Winston effect book (but I can't check, for I don't have it atm) Anyhow, if you check imdb, he's there in makeup dept.

You're right. I see him listed as SFX Make Up on IMDB on PREDATOR. However I didn't see Gillis.

Kailem

Kailem

Definitely liking the sound of a more agile Predator. That's something I wish we'd had more of in general throughout the films, so that's very good to hear.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: Drizz on May 14, 2018, 02:52:20 PM
Glad that we'll be able to see the Predators move like they're supposed to. It was always implied that they are mobile or at least we saw glimpses of it, hopefully we will finally be able to see it now.

Don't get your hopes to high. It's not that simple. So far the only one who did a good job is Ian Whyte in avpr, it's a shame the movie was shit.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: JungleHunter87 on May 14, 2018, 06:01:20 PM
Quote from: huntin8-t0n on May 14, 2018, 05:41:32 PM

You're right. I see him listed as SFX Make Up on IMDB on PREDATOR. However I didn't see Gillis.

Yea, about him I don't know anything, sorry. Also I didn't recall Greg Nicotero from the book I read, but on Imdb there he is (uncredited) So who knows, maybe he was uncredited. But I have no info.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: JungleHunter87 on May 14, 2018, 03:22:39 PM
I don't know if they were misquoted or what. But, last I checked, neither Gillis or Woodruff worked on the original PREDATOR.

They were working for Stan Winston's company at the time so it's possible they worked on the original Predator.

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Quote from: Scorpio on May 14, 2018, 07:46:57 PM
Quote from: JungleHunter87 on May 14, 2018, 03:22:39 PM

They were working for Stan Winston's company at the time so it's possible they worked on the original Predator.

His company was spilt onto two different projects around 86/87. So not everyone who was an employee at the time actually did any work on PREDATOR. Apparently Woodruff did, however, I've not seen any evidence Gillis did.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 14, 2018, 03:07:09 PM
Iron Man 3 is easily my favourite Marvel movie, and i said that long before Black was even considered writing/directing the next Predator. Part of it's charm is that the Character of Tony Stark is much more grounded in reality, not so much anymore with the newer movies, which is a shame.

And yes, i f**king love the Mandarin twist, what a kick in the nuts that was... in a good way, no one saw that coming and that was something quite special in the world of crowded "going by the numbers" summer tentpoles.

And yes, pretty much everyone i know liked it as well, especially that twist.

I have to say, after re-watching it this weekend, I must agree. Definitely my favorite Marvel film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed