Alien Covenant - David's Drawings

Started by felix, Apr 03, 2018, 03:46:23 AM

Author
Alien Covenant - David's Drawings (Read 42,592 times)

Darkness

Darkness

You've got me a bit worried when you said you didn't like the way they're presented through the scanner.

Mine should be arriving tomorrow.

Denton Smalls

Do either of the 2 books provide some more insight into the pathogen?

The Old One

The Old One

I don't know what more insight you could have other than how it's described in the film and Advent.

Denton Smalls

Is there a way to block individual people on here?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Sep 26, 2018, 04:30:06 AM
Is there a way to block individual people on here?
At the bottom of each person's post is a link labeled "Ignore User".

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 25, 2018, 07:21:57 PM
Disclaimer  :P - As always, I receive no monetary proceeds from this book nor for my thoughts on it. I didn't even get a review copy of this one.  :laugh:

Would have been awesome to get a review copy. I asked. They said no.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 25, 2018, 06:53:58 PM
Ha. To be fair, there's not much to really spoil. It's just a damn nice collection of awesome artwork and an informative interview. lol  Sounds lame when I say it like that.

Kinda, since I was expecting the in-universe answers about the Engineers (despite not being a novel). However, I'm definitely picking that up.

The Old One

The Old One

Have you watched Alien Advent?

Genuinely I believe that's the best way to approach the subject of the Engineers, it provides insight whilst not explaining everything.

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 26, 2018, 04:40:40 PM

Genuinely I believe that's the best way to approach the subject of the Engineers, it provides insight whilst not explaining everything.

I think the books nicely compliments the themes brought up in ADVENT. Especially within the first few pages.

Darkness

Darkness

Finished reading it. I actually preferred the interview book compared to the other in terms of layout and presentation. I wish they'd have presented his drawings like that with separate printed captions. It wasn't always clear what the pictures were and how David managed to go from studying plants to creating Neomorphs and Xenomorphs. How did he even find hosts for them in order to draw them?

The Old One

The Old One

It's better-off ambiguous and unclear.

As is David's deterioration.

Ultramorph

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 26, 2018, 04:40:40 PM

Agreed, there's some red meat as far as their religion, and some tantalizing stuff about "driving out the wolf," but nothing too specific.

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 01, 2018, 08:21:54 PM
Finished reading it. I actually preferred the interview book compared to the other in terms of layout and presentation. I wish they'd have presented his drawings like that with separate printed captions. It wasn't always clear what the pictures were and how David managed to go from studying plants to creating Neomorphs and Xenomorphs. How did he even find hosts for them in order to draw them?

Didn't he reanimate them?

Still Collating...

I don't remember that being mentioned in there? Though I do remember someone suggesting that idea, but how the hell does the black goo reanimate anything all of a sudden?  :laugh:

Ultramorph

I've also seen the suggestion that David ambushed other Engineers when they came back to Planet 4. I really like that idea.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed