Henry Jackman to Score Shane Black’s ‘The Predator’

Started by ace3g, Mar 30, 2018, 03:28:17 AM

Author
Henry Jackman to Score Shane Black’s ‘The Predator’ (Read 17,820 times)

Wysps

Plenty of nods to the first film, but whatever originality there was seemed very out of place. Like those brassy motifs that sounded like they were awkwardly ripped from a Back to the Future film. Or that opening sequence with the Star Wars instrumental vibe (not the main theme). Wouldn't be surprised if there was a lot of temp scoring going on.

Fugitive Predator

Quote from: Wysps on Sep 16, 2018, 04:47:44 AM
Plenty of nods to the first film, but whatever originality there was seemed very out of place. Like those brassy motifs that sounded like they were awkwardly ripped from a Back to the Future film. Or that opening sequence with the Star Wars instrumental vibe (not the main theme). Wouldn't be surprised if there was a lot of temp scoring going on.

The soundtrack is kinda on the same level as the predators
they also borrowed a lot of the music from the classic.

Wysps

There were some similarities, yes. Plenty of the movie sounded like Predator (as did Predators), but the more "original" sections sounded very much out of place - as though they were influenced by Silvestri or Williams scores. Particularly the brassy motifs that generally aired during "triumphant" scenes, those sounded similar to Silvestris motifs in Back to the Future. Several parts also sounded similar to Williams when villains appear on screen (the original Star Wars trilogy.) Like I said, it could've been the fault of studio temp scoring, but to me it didn't quite fit.

Fugitive Predator

Quote from: Wysps on Sep 16, 2018, 05:09:24 AM
There were some similarities, yes. Plenty of the movie sounded like Predator (as did Predators), but the more "original" sections sounded very much out of place - as though they were influenced by Silvestri or Williams scores. Particularly the brassy motifs that generally aired during "triumphant" scenes, those sounded similar to Silvestris motifs in Back to the Future. Several parts also sounded similar to Williams when villains appear on screen (the original Star Wars trilogy.) Like I said, it could've been the fault of studio temp scoring, but to me it didn't quite fit.

if you have to borrow from the original do it like predator 2 that score is fantastic.

The Old One

The Old One

Both were composed by Alan Silvestri.

Fugitive Predator

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 16, 2018, 05:20:30 AM
Both were composed by Alan Silvestri.

sure but they could have gone with a complete new score

The Old One

The Old One

Predator 2's score is just the original but improved upon.

Fugitive Predator

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 16, 2018, 05:26:46 AM
Predator 2's score is just the original but improved upon.

i know it's actually better than the original in my opinion.

ace3g

The score was a big letdown for me - enjoyed some of the beats/music used in the TV spots/trailers more.

Corporal Hicks

I don't think it'd sound right if we didn't have the Predator theme in there somewhere but I can't say too much stood out for me in terms of original pieces. I remember liking that cheesey heroes theme when McKenna makes the leap into the ship and I'll probably pick up the score, just to listen to the rest of it without all the dialogue and etc.

HuDaFuK

Yeah, the only bits I really remember were the recycled cues from the previous films.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed