Henry Jackman to Score Shane Black’s ‘The Predator’

Started by ace3g, Mar 30, 2018, 03:28:17 AM

Author
Henry Jackman to Score Shane Black’s ‘The Predator’ (Read 17,834 times)

Hollywood

I just listened to and really liked the Kong and Kingsman ones but the Civil War one didn't hit my ear like the others. I'm okay with this news.

LtJesseRipley

I had to do a rubble take, I was like HUGE JACKMAN..what?

KiramidHead

Loved his Magneto theme in First Class, and his score for Winter Soldier was very Metal Gear Solid-esque to me. If I had to guess, maybe Silvestri's asking price was too high for Fox, right after they just allocated part of the budget towards 3D.

goose_3387

The score is the least of the problems facing this movie at the moment. That trailer is needed ASAP!

Xenomrph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 30, 2018, 08:01:15 PM
Loved the music he did for the Kingsman movies. Looking forward to seeing what he does for this.
Oh shit! I forgot he did the soundtrack for Kingsman, that's one of my favorite soundtracks.

Dan

I can't believe they can't have Silvestri for this..thats sad they rather  spend money to convert the movie to 3d.
Jackman is not a bad composer he was inspired by Silvestri thats clear from  the Kong movie what I liked but this time we miss the opportunity to hear how Silvestri would revisit and extend the universe he created for the first two movie.
He expressed interest to come back 28 years after Predator 2 and they decide not to call him back? Thats truly sad.He talked about it months ago so they can work out the schedule for him.In Predators soundtrack he's originality was also missed and I hoped Black will bring him back.

D88M

He is a good composer

Xenomorphine

I, too, keep coming across this headline, thinking it refers to Hugh Jackman and instinctively getting mental images of it being a musical...

Xenomrph

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 31, 2018, 11:24:36 PM
I, too, keep coming across this headline, thinking it refers to Hugh Jackman and instinctively getting mental images of it being a musical...
Plot twist: it is a musical.

funk_master_chunk

"The Greatest Yautja"

gingi

NO Silvestri NO Predator! :'(

Hollywood

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 31, 2018, 01:51:27 AM
Loved his Magneto theme in First Class, and his score for Winter Soldier was very Metal Gear Solid-esque to me. If I had to guess, maybe Silvestri's asking price was too high for Fox, right after they just allocated part of the budget towards 3D.

I just listened to the Magneto one, thanks for bringing it up. I didn't remember it since it's been so long since I watched 'First Class' but I like it!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 31, 2018, 02:52:23 PM
Loved the music he did for the Kingsman movies. Looking forward to seeing what he does for this.
Oh shit! I forgot he did the soundtrack for Kingsman, that's one of my favorite soundtracks.

Yeah, I gotta say I loved the Kingsman theme and score. I know it's a little disappointing we've not got Silvestri back but I think that was always a long-shot. When I saw Wolverine Composer had worked on Kingsman I perked up quite a bit!

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 03, 2018, 08:08:26 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 31, 2018, 02:52:23 PM

Yeah, I gotta say I loved the Kingsman theme and score. I know it's a little disappointing we've not got Silvestri back but I think that was always a long-shot. When I saw Wolverine Composer had worked on Kingsman I perked up quite a bit!
One of my favorite parts of the Kingsman soundtrack is that it uses the main Kingsman melody in almost every track but does so in creative ways so it never feels stale, while simultaneously giving the soundtrack a unifying and instantly identifiable "theme".

I really like the initial credits music from 'Captain America: Winter Soldier', and it's the one track you can't buy on iTunes. :P

ace3g

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlPYWzonOpt/?hl=en&tagged=henryjackman

QuoteThe studio scoring session from above. #HenryJackman conducting the orchestra for the film, #Predator Courtesy of #ScoringSessions

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlMUclEgXHp/?hl=en&taken-by=ososnell

This is from Peter Oso Snell's IG page who is listed as Music Editor on IMDB for The Predator.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed