Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 29, 2018, 02:54:25 PM

Author
#AlienDay 2018 (Read 50,644 times)

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

We need some news on the next film.  Preferably from Blomkamp...   ;D

Stolen

Stolen

Perfect timing to announce the sequel of Covenant for 2019..

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Yes, it would be the perfect timing, certainly from a fan's point of view, but I suspect we will need to wait until Discney acquires Fox, if in fact that happens...  But whether, it's a Covenant sequel, Blomkamp's film, or any other Alien film, 4 / 26 would be perfect...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think, realistically, we'll get no Alien movie news until after the deal is all finalized. The best we can really hope for is more game or comic and book news.

VegettoXTSY

VegettoXTSY

Anybody know if they are doing screenings of any of the films for Alien Day?  I was always mad living In Wisconsin that they never had screenings by me but we just moved to L.A. last summer so I was hoping someplace out here would be showing Alien or Aliens. Haven't seen either one in a theater and am dying to be able to!

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Yep.  That's fair.  And in all honesty, it's probably for the best.  I don't want to get my hope up for something only to have them dashed again.  I expect that the folks at Marvel / Disney have a much more vast brain trust that will give the fans something memorable.

Richman678

Richman678

Any chance we will hear more on this new game that day?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: VegettoXTSY on Apr 15, 2018, 10:08:38 PM
Anybody know if they are doing screenings of any of the films for Alien Day?  I was always mad living In Wisconsin that they never had screenings by me but we just moved to L.A. last summer so I was hoping someplace out here would be showing Alien or Aliens. Haven't seen either one in a theater and am dying to be able to!

I think that one of the companies named in the press release is responsible for the cinema re-releases/events so it's a likelihood that is pretty reasonable.

Quote from: Richman678 on Apr 16, 2018, 06:19:48 AM
Any chance we will hear more on this new game that day?

Unknown for sure but hopefully.

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Not to derail the thread and sort of related. Asking in an active thread.

What was that "ALIEN fan" documentary that came out after AVP-R but before PROMETHEUS that featured a guy who became a fan of ALIEN through "ALIEN WAR" (UK) and set about making his own XENOMORPH costume. He complained that ALIEN-Ressurection Xenos looked like cockroaches.
Also featured a surreal painting artist and a computer graphics maker all inspired by ALIEN.

In 30 more days it'll be a year ALIEN-COVENANT was released. Only this time it does feel like a long time has passed.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Only things I could think of would be Dennis Lowe's Alien Fan documentaries.

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 16, 2018, 02:59:57 PM
Only things I could think of would be Dennis Lowe's Alien Fan documentaries.

Ah thank you so much for this.

Yes Dennis Lowe's "ALIEN FANS- 2" in the link below.5th video down in the link.
http://www.zen171398.zen.co.uk/

Amazing documentary for all those who haven't seen it yet. "Gareth Elner" is the "ALIEN costume guy" whose voice sounds familiar like he's been on a podcast is the person who went to ALIEN-WAR.

Stolen

Stolen

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 14, 2018, 06:06:39 PM
Yes, it would be the perfect timing, certainly from a fan's point of view, but I suspect we will need to wait until Discney acquires Fox, if in fact that happens...  But whether, it's a Covenant sequel, Blomkamp's film, or any other Alien film, 4 / 26 would be perfect...

I have the feeling that something is slowly getting ready for Alien's 40th birthday. Ridley Scott is certainly working on the script for the sequel now, and I don't think he's doing anything else now, which is very surprising, it's a very busy man! I think that this sequel won't change the plans of Disney, it's better to finish the prequel before doing new things (or reboot or marvelisation..). What's more logical to let the creator of the first film finish his vision 40 years later.

SM

SM

Ridley's been linked to a Battle of Britain film, a Merlin saga for Disney and might be adapting Greg Rucka's 'Queen & Country' - on top of another Alien flick.

Stolen

Stolen

Not to mention its adaptation of Cartel, the Fox acquired the rights for $6M.
The shooting was supposed to start in March but it seems to be pushing again ...

Seriously, do you think Scott is going to make an uninspired umpteenth spy movie based on a forgotten comic ?! Maybe at production and still .. (But you're right, you never know in Hollywood!!) Merlin saga, why not ?! But no idea if the scenario is ready or not. We know that Scott often rewrites his scripts for months.

The Battle of Britain would be a realistic project, a huge project. Scott would love to do it. But it may be added to Scott's long list of dead projects, such as Tripoli, King David, The Eternal War, Prisoners, Monopoly (lol) and so many.

Finally, for me, the only thing that seems really concrete is finished this prequel franchise. Ok, the last episode didn't work commercially. But it would be stupid not to finish it. With a controlled budget, this remains possible.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

The Cartel is probably cancelled or delayed for now since Fox is adapting one of Don Winslow's other books for a release next year. Scott will only serve as a producer on that.

Merlin Saga script is finished and ready to go. Scott's production designer (Arthur Max), his cinematographer (Dariusz Wolski) and his costume designer (Janty Yates) is already attached to the project so it's probably what Scott is working on right now - though there has been no official announcement yet.

Doubt very much that there is any movement with regards to a Covenant sequel. There's just nothing on the radar.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed