The Predator To Be Released In 3D

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 22, 2018, 08:46:37 AM

Author
The Predator To Be Released In 3D (Read 14,489 times)

Corporal Hicks

In addition to being released in IMAX, The Predator is going to be receiving the 3D treatment too. When asked about 3D by a fan on Facebook, co-writer Fred Dekker confirmed that the film would be converted to 3D. This likely means that the film was shot without 3D in mind and the conversion is a recent decision.

The original Predator received a 3D conversion back in 2013 but it was apparently something of a so-so job. Following his work on converting Terminator 2 to 3D, James Cameron also recently spoke about his desires to revisit and convert Aliens to 3D.

The Predator is currently half-way through a three week reshoot that is taking place in Vancouver. Fred recently shared a picture from location with the caption: “I can’t tell you what’s beyond this fence… except to say the body count is alarming.”

The Predator To Be Released In 3D

In a comment on the post, Fred also reassured fans that a trailer is on the way, saying that “yes, a teaser trailer will be coming soon…

Thanks to ace3g for the news. Keep checking in with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on The Predator! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Predator fans on our forums!

pmaz11

pmaz11

Never had much excitement for 3D films, although it can be used well in certain scenes, etc. I suppose.

Anyway, I'll still see it the normal digital viewing and in 3D as well now then. Doesn't hurt & if it helps bring some more viewers and attention to the film then why not?

I honestly just hope for a good entertaining, well made film and trying to give myself some hype for another predator film in theaters!

felix

felix

A mistake. 3D is more of a distraction than a benefit for me.

goose_3387

Released in IMAX? Was it shot with IMAX cameras?

x-M-x

x-M-x

IMAX yeah!

But 3D? isn't that like a thing of the past now... lol

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: greygoose on Mar 22, 2018, 10:18:05 AM

No. It'll be a digital remastering some some fancy pants IMAX technology.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2016/09/27/predator-will-released-imax/

whiterabbit

Alrighty then, remastered IMAX and 3D to booth? Damn are they really in need of the extra ticket price boost or what? This sounds like desperation.  :-\

Corporal Hicks

Prometheus had the exact same treatment.

goose_3387

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 22, 2018, 10:31:34 AM
Quote from: greygoose on Mar 22, 2018, 10:18:05 AM

No. It'll be a digital remastering some some fancy pants IMAX technology.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2016/09/27/predator-will-released-imax/

Thanks.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 22, 2018, 10:43:04 AM
Prometheus had the exact same treatment.
Back in 2012 when 3D was in it's hay day. Although I thought Prometheus was filmed in native IMAX resolution and using 3D camera's, actually I'm fairly certain it was. In this case it's an after thought assessment. Which dosen't look good this late in the game.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Prometheus was IMAX remastered. They were filmed on RED cameras. Granted about the 3D, though.

Hollywood

Not a fan of 3D anymore, haven't watched a film that way since avengers age of ultron. IMAX is always awesome though.

BigDaddyJohn

Not a fan of 3D either, i don't remember liking any 3D in any movie except for Fury Road.
Anyway why not, but i'll still watch the classic version first.

whiterabbit

I like 3D but it is clear that it's out of fashion.

Darkoo

Darkoo

Most of the big movies will get 3D release this year.
http://cms.pro.boxoffice.com/statistics/3d-release-calendar.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed