Was Kane and Oram really equally stupid?

Started by The Cruentus, Mar 19, 2018, 04:16:23 PM

Was Kane and Oram really equally stupid?

Yes, they were both equally stupid.
No, Oram had foreknowledge that Kane didn't yet still looked into the egg.
No, Kane was stupider as he wasn't coaxed into looking into the egg.
Neither of them were stupid, just too curious for their own good.
Author
Was Kane and Oram really equally stupid? (Read 42,791 times)

The Cruentus

Or the folks who developed it just didn't care about the AC edition. Which wouldn't surprise me since they couldn't even accurately recreate things from the movie they were paying homage to

OpenMaw

Quote from: SM on Jun 12, 2018, 02:36:02 AM
One egg, one hugger produces two Aliens.  The first of which doesn't reach full size for at least 10 hours or thereabouts.

I've never seen that as an issue for this one reason.

What does the face hugger in the original film put into Kane? Is it literally an embryo? Could it be a collection of cells in a protein base?

What i'm basically suggesting is that the face hugger basically ejaculates, and as such has the potentially to have more than "one load."

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 21, 2018, 06:12:00 PM
One egg, one hugger produces two Aliens.  The first of which doesn't reach full size for at least 10 hours or thereabouts.

What does the face hugger in the original film put into Kane? Is it literally an embryo? Could it be a collection of cells in a protein base?

What i'm basically suggesting is that the face hugger basically ejaculates, and as such has the potentially to have more than "one load."

Which makes it more unnerving if the only reason they stay on your face for so long is 'cause they like it.

Stitch

Alien: The Cold Forge implies something similar, that it ejaculates Plagiaris Praepotens, which I'm thinking is the black goo

MU-TH-UR 6000

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 21, 2018, 06:17:33 PM
Which makes it more unnerving if the only reason they stay on your face for so long is 'cause they like it.

Man, I just ordered the Cold Forge. This is sexy...

SM

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 21, 2018, 06:17:33 PM

Maybe it's to protect the embryo.  You start mucking with the host, and does what it did with Kane.

OpenMaw

I always liked Roger Dickens idea of wanting to give the face hugger barbs. It makes sense.

whiterabbit

Well 24 pages in and Oram is clearly ahead in the "Who's the bigger idiot" race. :)

OpenMaw

Kane was the adventurous one. He was also wearing the thick padded and armored space suit. He also wasn't talking to space-Hannibal Lector. So yeah, I give the man a pass for being slightly curious.

SM

And also for literally sticking his face in the egg...

OpenMaw

Quote from: SM on Jun 23, 2018, 10:35:46 PM

It's perfectly safe. I assure you. *menaces*

Huggs

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 23, 2018, 10:39:10 PM

He sounded so sincere though.  ;)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 23, 2018, 10:39:10 PM

I really wish they'd have revisited David's forcing Shaw into the egg from Alien: Engineers. With some tactful directing, that could have been such a creepy ass scene.

The Cruentus

That would have been so much better, or at least have Oram try and back away as soon as the egg opened and attempt to shoot the facehugger when it jumps out but its speed out manuevers him and it manages to ambush him. I mean look how fast the facehugger moved when it attacked Cole and Lope.

In Aliens when Ripley and Newt are trapped, she tries to keep it in sight but she ends up losing sight of it, and then it next appears above her when she triggers the sprinklers and surprises her. They are capable of being really sneaky and cunning.

There is so many ways for Oram to have got infected without him being so careless.

The Old One

The Old One

I think it should've been more explicit that David drugged him, in a spiking your drink sort of way.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed