Alien: Sea of Sorrows Audio Drama

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 18, 2018, 06:55:11 PM

Author
Alien: Sea of Sorrows Audio Drama (Read 11,243 times)

TheBATMAN

That definitely didn't happen in the book.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Cool thanks Hicks! Hopefully that means we'll be getting a review from you soon!

@TheBatman ya I didn't think so. But I think it's an interesting addition that really worked in the audio format.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xiggz456 on May 18, 2018, 11:20:56 PMWell I remember  that happening in "Out of the Shadows" but in this audio drama there's a whole subplot where Rollins recovers the medpod with the mummified remains of Kasyanov. I really don't recall this happening in the "Sea of Sorrows"  novel.

Oh, sorry, completely missed that this was in the Sea of Sorrows thread and not the Out of the Shadows one :laugh:

No, Kasyanov('s corpse) does not show up at all in the Seas of Sorrows novel. Must've been added for the drama. Where does Rollins get her from though? The Marion breaks up at the end of Out of the Shadows.

The Cruentus

The Kianyga (or whatever the ship is called) was also collecting pieces of the wreck that was floating in orbit, they get a large piece that has the medpod with Kasynaov corpse in it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Ah right. Thanks :)

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Ya there's a fair amount of nods to the "Out of the Shadows" drama. Similar to the beginning of "River of Pain" where one of the atmospheric processor engineers was the brother of Welford from the Marion crew. It does help give the trilogy a connected feel that's more prevalent than its novel counterparts.

HybridNewborn

Quote from: Xiggz456 on May 22, 2018, 11:51:52 PM
Ya there's a fair amount of nods to the "Out of the Shadows" drama. Similar to the beginning of "River of Pain" where one of the atmospheric processor engineers was the brother of Welford from the Marion crew. It does help give the trilogy a connected feel that's more prevalent than its novel counterparts.
I also have to wonder if the wreck the salvagers were talking about with the rotten corpse inside was the remains of poor Hooper :(

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

I don't think so. The majority of the crew was killed in the Marion so it's most likely one of them. Hoop's probably a rotting corpse on a drifting transport millions of miles away  ;D

HybridNewborn

Yeah, that's what the salvagers at the beginning of River of Pain were talking about, a shuttle they found drifting off in some system. "That stiff was ripe!" apparently :(

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: HybridNewborn on May 23, 2018, 02:53:06 AM
Yeah, that's what the salvagers at the beginning of River of Pain were talking about, a shuttle they found drifting off in some system. "That stiff was ripe!" apparently :(

It was the Alpha Celi system or something like that I believe.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Huggs on May 23, 2018, 03:11:02 AM

It was the Alpha Celi system or something like that I believe.

I hope that wasn't Hoop :( I loved him. I want him to survive to another entry.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Oh man I never thought of that! It certainly is possible but I'm still holding out hope that Hoop made it.

Prez

Prez

So then if Hoop is died a lonely drifter in space what of Col Bracket and co from River of Pain? Did they wage a small war similar to that of the plot of Defiance?

HybridNewborn

I like to think the original rewritten comics star them after having changed their names in an attempt to escape scrutiny.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HybridNewborn on May 24, 2018, 02:26:41 AM
I like to think the original rewritten comics star them after having changed their names in an attempt to escape scrutiny.

I like this idea.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed