More worried about the story or the Predator

Started by predator2rules, Mar 15, 2018, 07:11:41 AM

Author
More worried about the story or the Predator (Read 17,993 times)

predator2rules

Are u more worried about the new film's story line or what the creature will look like? I'd say for me the creature. I don't want to see it for the first time and think oh crap that looks stupid. I don't want this to be another AVP.

whiterabbit

I'm more worried about there being way too much comedy in the movie, leading to gymnastic high jinks.

BigDaddyJohn

I'm not worried about the preds looks, mostly really excited about it. For the story, i'm careful regarding some elements, but i'm curious how they will be introduced in the film, that's the most important to me.

Shaeffer11

I'd have to say the Predator design,  it seems promising and at least it's not KNB

Jesscobb

I'm more worried about the story.

goose_3387

Worried:

-Execution of story.
-Execution and design of the main Upgrade Predator.
-Fox's potential meddling if it was them forcing the reshoots.
-Still no trailer...

-But still optimistic as it's still Predator...

dallevalle

worried that the kid will ruine the movie for me
worried that the predator's faces are scar bad.

whiterabbit

I think we're all secretly worried that the kid will cheese the flick up into camp territory.

happypred

Worried about too much comedy, predators being incompetent, not credible threats

OpenMaw

They've already made a major mistake with The Upgrade.

It implies the Predator as a concept needed an upgrade. It didn't. It hasn't been given a proper treatment since the early 90s.

Scorpio

I just want an entertaining movie, AVP gave me that so maybe it should be like AVP.

Don't care about nitpicks and breaking the holy rules (no offense if that's your opinion).

I don't want to see another Predators.  You play it (mostly) safe, you lose. 

I don't mind they take a few risks, we need to push the boundaries of a Predator movie.  Fans will probably hate it (no offense), but it's for the best.

The Shuriken

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 20, 2018, 07:05:31 AM

It implies the Predator as a concept needed an upgrade. It didn't. It hasn't been given a proper treatment since the early 90s.

That's a bingo right here.

Samhain13

I'm worried about everything.

PredBabe

I'm looking forward to this movie most because it is taking risks and straying away from the original Predator formula. Elaboration on the creature is something that is greatly needed at this point if we want to see this series thrive.

I'm probably one of few that is really intrigued with the idea of having a little boy playing a crucial role in this sequel. I think it is pretty fitting to have a sequel expand on a kid involved in a Predator movie because of the bit in Predator 2 with the little boy playing with the toy gun. This can make for some entertaining moments that are hopefully not too campy.

As for the design of the predators- I'm not all that concerned with this especially after seeing the cover to the Art and Making of The Predator book. I do hope to see different skin designs for the predators apart from the usual speckled look. My main concern, with the depiction of the predators, is that they'll look like guys in suits- which is one of my biggest gripes with Predators.     

cheachea

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 20, 2018, 07:05:31 AM

^^^ This ^^^

And to add insult to injury the "Super Predators" looked stupid and couldn't even fight as well as The Original (Anytime) Predator.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed