Who has played the Sega Genesis Predator 2 before?

Started by Knapf, Mar 09, 2018, 12:58:28 PM

Author
Who has played the Sega Genesis Predator 2 before? (Read 679 times)

Knapf

Knapf

I remember playing it a long time ago. Graphics weren't very good and you went around the scrolling screen shooting at criminals and freeing hostages. Sometimes having to free them before the Predator opens fire at them. I thought the Predator only goes after those who are armed and have equal fighting ability? And then you had to repeat the same actions over and over.

lost dragon

It's basically a Predator themed Smash TV/Total Carnage clone.

Scrappy in terms of graphics etc, but I found it a solid,if sometimes frustrating blast.

lost dragon

Apparently this went for an Isometric viewpoint unlike the Operation Wolf arcade game style ARC Development used on the  8 and 16 bit micro versions, as this was deemed more suitable for the console market.

Wweyland

It's easily available on an emulator, been wanting to try this for some time (along with Alien 3 Genesis). The Genesis looks much better than the NES.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Wweyland on Jun 08, 2018, 08:59:10 PM
The Genesis looks much better than the NES.

Well, it should considering how much more bite the hardware has.

I love Alien 3 on Genesis. The SNES version, while graphically superior, is a slog to play.

Predator 2 on the Genesis is okay. It's got a couple issues. I never did get why they have the Predators going after hostages. That never made sense. Like a lot of older games it's pretty tough on the player.

I do love the level on the Predator ship. That was a pretty cool.

Xenomrph

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 09, 2018, 12:40:40 AM
I love Alien 3 on Genesis. The SNES version, while graphically superior, is a slog to play.
I much prefer the SNES version - the graphics were a lot better, and the missions had a lot more variety (and let you choose which ones you wanted to do).
Don't get me wrong, I like the genesis version, but the SNES version is way better in my opinion.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed